Hello everyone,
Just thought I'd share my system...maybe to help someone or get some pointers to make it better..Im in the Dallas area of Texas,USA.I use a very good antenna/preamp system for reception..thats not what this is about. I have a dedicated pc with a ATI HDTV wonder card.I use Watchhdtv. Its a free program located in the tolls section. you program the scheduler function just like an old vcr. it can be set up to record a program once only or reoccurring...I then take the captured file(dvr-ms format) and run it thru a couple of other programs also located in the tools section)the first is comskip to mark the commercials and the second is video redo to cut the marked commercials and save as a mpeg.actually video redo does not have to re encode so everything is really fast.. I send the saved mpegs to my pinnacle showcenter 200 via cat5e for display on my 55 inch High Def TV.....works awsome and the best part there is no monthly fees of any kind. just the initial investment of equipment and software(video redo)....what do you think????