VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
    Search Comp PM
    Hello all, could anyone know is there any script to
    Avisynth, which simulates Phosphor deinterlace filter of the VLC player?

Or, if there is any way to save the video with this filter applied?

Thanks all,

https://wiki.videolan.org/Deinterlacing

Quote Quote  
  2. That's damn ugly and nothing like what you would see on a CRT. A simple bob is more like a CRT TV. But if you really want to do that you can probably come close using SeparateFields(), SelectEven(), SelectOdd(), Tweak(), and Weave(). I'll have to think about it...

By the way, if you're planning compressing the resulting video the technique is going to kill the compressibility.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Here's what I've come up with:

Code:
    function SomethingLikeVlcPhosphor(clip vid, float "fade")
    {
        fade = default(fade, 0.4)

SeparateFields(vid)

even=last
        odd=Trim(1,0)

even=Interleave(even.SelectEven().Tweak(cont=fade, sat=fade), even.SelectOdd())
        even=Weave(even)

odd=Interleave(odd.SelectEven().Tweak(cont=fade, sat=fade), odd.SelectOdd())
        odd=Weave(odd)

Interleave(even,odd)
    }

AviSource("dv.avi") 
    SomethingLikeVlcPhosphor(0.3)
    Adjust the fade value to your liking. I was testing with a BFF DV AVI file but I'm pretty sure it will work with a TFF video as well.
    Last edited by jagabo; 11th Jun 2014 at 20:18.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by jagabo View Post
    That's damn ugly and nothing like what you would see on a CRT. A simple bob is more like a CRT TV. But if you really want to do that you can probably come close using SeparateFields(), SelectEven(), SelectOdd(), Tweak(), and Weave(). I'll have to think about it...

By the way, if you're planning compressing the resulting video the technique is going to kill the compressibility.
    In the pic this filter even looks horrible, but try taking a low quality video and apply this filter in VLC> Video> Deinterlace>On> Mode> Phosphor.

Is an excellent filter to watch low quality videos that are very bad for LCD monitor,I would like to apply this on converting in some videos.
    Quote Quote  
  5. You'd be far better off with QTGMC() followed by an upscale with nnedi3_rpow2().
    Quote Quote  
Visit our sponsor! Try DVDFab and backup Blu-rays!