VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hello!

Are there any free video hosting services which can share 1080p videos? (Youtube is not my taste!)
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Stears555 View Post
    Hello!

Are there any free video hosting services which can share 1080p videos? (Youtube is not my taste!)
    Check out Vimeo.

Note that internet video image quality depends more on bit rate than resolution. These services use very low bit rates.
    Recommends: Kiva.org - Loans that change lives.
    http://www.kiva.org/about
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hello!

I don't like Youtube and Vimeo. All other 1080p video hosting services will be good! Youtube and Vimeo try to deinterlace the Progressive Segmented AVCHD contents, and they worsened its Quality!

See the difference!

I uploaded an original PAL PSF (Progressive segmented) MTS camcorder file to youtube here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3rNTuoHPEuE

And I uploaded a 25P progressive Huffyuv AVI version here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XB3QW7F68Tw

See the linear lines of the engine on the original MTS video! It looks like a deinterlaced ugly video, doesn't it?

See the second progressive huffyuv avi video, it looks perfect!!!!
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Vimeo wants 1280X720 video. It will convert to that.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by pepegot1 View Post
    Vimeo wants 1280X720 video. It will convert to that.

Vimeo has worse quality than youtube (lower resolution and bitrate)
    Quote Quote  
  6. blip.tv

You have option to not even re-encode (original video), so quality will be better than vimeo or youtube - however, nobody want to stream 25-30Mb/s videos , and flash playback can be choppy

There used to be a trick that you had to re-wrap as FLV , but I think you can use MP4 now
    Quote Quote  
  7. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by poisondeathray View Post
    blip.tv

You have option to not even re-encode (original video), so quality will be better than vimeo or youtube - however, nobody want to stream 25-30Mb/s videos , and flash playback can be choppy

There used to be a trick that you had to re-wrap as FLV , but I think you can use MP4 now
    The re-encoding and bitrate are not real problem! Only the automatic deinterlacer is the problem, which worsened the quality of progressive segmented frame videos.
    I've PAL camcoder, therefore my videos are transformable into real 25P videos without deinterlace.
    Are there any other (non youtube non vimeo) video hosting services which can support 1080p videos?

Thank You!
    Last edited by Stears555; 24th Apr 2012 at 02:37.
    Quote Quote  
  8. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hello guys!

What about archive.org?

http://archive.org/details/Mozdony

It held the original uploaded file: http://archive.org/details/Mozdony However it doesn't use the HW acceleration
    Quote Quote  
  9. There is always a posibility to set up your own site, use jwplayer, it is pretty straightforward nowadays, encode 720p50, to chase full HD is not the best in your case, fullHD and deinterlace to 25p. Handheld videos like your sample look much better if you encode 50p.
    Quote Quote  
  10. Originally Posted by _Al_ View Post
    There is always a posibility to set up your own site, use jwplayer, it is pretty straightforward nowadays, encode 720p50, to chase full HD is not the best in your case, fullHD and deinterlace to 25p. Handheld videos like your sample look much better if you encode 50p.

OP is shooting 25p content , so bob deinterlacing won't help here

Many consumer PAL camcorders store 25p dontent in a 50i stream, but it's 25p content - the problems is some websites like youtube "think" it's interlaced and apply a deinterlace when re-encoding, which effectively reduces spatial resolution in half .

The re-encoding and bitrate are not real problem! Only the automatic deinterlacer is the problem, which worsened the quality of progressive segmented frame videos.
    Well the decoding and re-encoding IS the problem, because the deinterlace is applied on the video when re-encoding, not during playback. If you use blip or any website that doesn't re-encode - this means whatever video you send gets played. Also 1080p videos on youtube look like garbage - mainly because of the low bitrate
    Quote Quote