VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    When i play my camcorder through my pc, no problem. When I record to my hard drive and playback on pc the sound is ok but the image is slightly jerky. When I try to transfer to disc my Nero rewriter is telling me it needs recoding from mpeg to mpeg 2 and I must use a mpeg 2 codec plug in to do this. If I cancel this and burn without, the vcd will play almost perfect on my pc but is playing as stills on my dvd player and the sound is all broken up. I have been told that the Nero mpeg 2 codec plugin will not cure the problem. I have now reached the point between my desk and the dustbin. Any HELP please.
    ridge
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by ridgeyman
    When i play my camcorder through my pc, no problem. When I record to my hard drive and playback on pc the sound is ok but the image is slightly jerky. When I try to transfer to disc my Nero rewriter is telling me it needs recoding from mpeg to mpeg 2 and I must use a mpeg 2 codec plug in to do this. If I cancel this and burn without, the vcd will play almost perfect on my pc but is playing as stills on my dvd player and the sound is all broken up. I have been told that the Nero mpeg 2 codec plugin will not cure the problem. I have now reached the point between my desk and the dustbin. Any HELP please.
    How are you transferring your footage to your PC?
    Via firewire?
    What video format is it?
    VHS-C, Hi8, MiniDV, what?
    I'd be suprised if you are transferring the footage in a format that is immediately compatable with a DVD standalone player, ie. mpeg1 or 2.
    Plus, you really need to read the guides, such as this one here, other wise you're gonna get nowhere, either on this site or with your hobby.
    Good luck, really
    Will
    tgpo, my real dad, told me to make a maximum of 5,806 posts on vcdhelp.com in one lifetime. So I have.
    Quote Quote