VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hey,

I would like to be able to install 2 instances of Media Player Home Cinema on one PC. Here's why.

I have 2 soundcards installed, one for the home theater, and one for the 2 speakers on the desktop.
    I currently have MPC set up to use the soundcard for the home theater, but when I want to watch a video on the PC, I'd like it to output the sound to the desktop speakers on soundcard 2.
    It's annoying having to change the audio outputs back and forth.

I have a work around right now, it's using VLC for the desktop as it's configured for the desktop speakers. The only problem is, I really don't like that program. It's confusing, it never saves my settings, and the DXVA doesn't work very well. I tried BS Player too, even worse.

How can I install 2 MPC programs, each configured differently? I tried making a copy of the MPC folder, and configuring the second one with a different sound output, but it changes the first one too, making me believe they share all the settings.

Thanks!
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Phat J View Post
    Hey,

I would like to be able to install 2 instances of Media Player Home Cinema on one PC. Here's why.

I have 2 soundcards installed, one for the home theater, and one for the 2 speakers on the desktop.
    I currently have MPC set up to use the soundcard for the home theater, but when I want to watch a video on the PC, I'd like it to output the sound to the desktop speakers on soundcard 2.
    It's annoying having to change the audio outputs back and forth.

I have a work around right now, it's using VLC for the desktop as it's configured for the desktop speakers. The only problem is, I really don't like that program. It's confusing, it never saves my settings, and the DXVA doesn't work very well. I tried BS Player too, even worse.

How can I install 2 MPC programs, each configured differently? I tried making a copy of the MPC folder, and configuring the second one with a different sound output, but it changes the first one too, making me believe they share all the settings.

Thanks!
    Yes, you can.

In my old house, I make this: MPC/KMPLAYER with Onboard for my Desktop and MPC/KMPLAYER with Audigy 2 to my TV, for my childrens.

Work perfect.

Claudio
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    How did you configure it though?
    I tried using 2 separate installs for MPC, and they share the settings.
    How did you configure one MPC to use one soundcard, and one MPC to use the other?
    Quote Quote  
  4. DECEASED
    Search Comp PM
    ^ Tick the checkbox labeled "Store settings to .ini file".
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Ahh thanks El Heggunte! Worked like a dream.
    Just notes for anyone else, make sure you run MPC as administrator first, or it won't save that the checkbox is ticked.
    Quote Quote