VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search PM
    Hi guys, I'm making a serie or traning videos and most of them are 45+ minutes long. With virtualdub and x264vfw I can compress them to about 2 gigs, but I need to upload them to YouTube and that takes me more than 16 hours (512 kbps upload).

I read that H.265 and VP9 could make videos even more smaller with even more quality than H.264.

Is there something like x264vfw but H.265 or VP9, so I could use it with virtualdub?

Thanks.
    Quote Quote  
  2. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    1080p video?
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Ashir View Post
    Is there something like x264vfw but H.265 or VP9, so I could use it with virtualdub?
    Hi! Your question pending > topic
    Quote Quote  
  4. Not sure why you'd need vfw... if you want a GUI for x264, there are plenty out there. If you want a full-blown x26X GUI integrated with an editor, AviUtl has that in the extra pack. (But perhaps Avidemux will be sufficient for you...with only a mild learning curve)

Using x265 or VP9 will not solve your problem now since Youtube is still accepting H264 only:
    https://support.google.com/youtube/answer/1722171

Since you have a limited bandwidth, try shrinking your files like these:
    1> Shrink the video resolution to 640x360
    2> Apply mild blur or denoiser
    3> Split your videos into 30min chunks and upload them separately
    4> Encode with a max bitrate limit, e.g. 800kbps
    5> Encode your audio into AAC, not PCM (just double check)
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Just a note. VFW encoders are not needed in modern versions of Virtualdub since it uses CLI encoders with the External Encoder feature.
    Quote Quote  
Visit our sponsor! Try DVDFab and backup Blu-rays!