VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search PM
    Hey guys,

New guy to the forum, the company that I work for is looking to purchase some equipment for video confrencing and have put me in charge of finding out what stuff we need.

I'm semi-tech literate but as I'm seraching im finding that there are a whole lot of terms I don't know and so many options.

Basically what we're looking for is to project onto a wall or screen in a confrece room, and then have some sort of a capture device to send video to the person being projected. The people who conduct the confrences are going to be traveling so size and weight is definitely an issue.

I've been looking into pico projectors due to their size and cost. Are there any out there that have video confrencing software loaded onto them? Or do you always need a computer or some sort of input device? I'm seeing a lot of options from companies like Acer, Omega, AAXA, and Viewsonic but I can't tell if any of them would have these capabilites.

Anyways thanks in advance, sorry if I posted this in the wrong forum!
    Quote Quote  
  2. Skype video conferencing would probably be the cheapest. But you can buy systems that cost thousands on up.
    Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence -Carl Sagan
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search PM
    Originally Posted by TreeTops View Post
    Skype video conferencing would probably be the cheapest. But you can buy systems that cost thousands on up.
    Skype sounds like a good option, what about google hangouts or something like that?

We're definitely looking for a solution somewhere around $500-$600 a unit, we're going to need three of them.

Thanks for the reply!
    Quote Quote  
Visit our sponsor! Try DVDFab and backup Blu-rays!