VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Ok, I just downloaded an xvid movie, changed the environmental settings in TMPGEnc and converted it to an SVCD. I then split the MPEG2 into three separate files using BBMPEG. After splitting, I burned an SVCD using Nero. I slapped it into my DVD player at home, and it looked horrible. The video was jittery and the audio was out of sync. It started out of sync and didn't get much worse or off track as the SVCD went on.. maybe a little bit..

So then, I brought the SVCD with me into work and played it in here using PowerDVD. Surprisingly, it plays absolutely fine until the very end of the first cd! At that point, it becomes extremely jittery again but the audio doesn't seem to be out of sync, it's just jittery along with the video.

Any ideas what is going on?? Did I miss a step when converting, splitting, or burning that needs to be done with an xvid??

Any help would be appreciated! It's getting so frustrating, I've had nothing but problems with xvids!
    Quote Quote  
  2. did you check the file information in Vdub to see if it said Tag 2000 on the audio info, if so you have an AC3 file which needs adjusting with Headac3e.

Also welcome to the Xvid problems club!!

Tom
    Quote Quote