VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hola a todos amigos:
    Ha conseguido alguien convertir en multiregion el dvd grabador de panasonic dmr-ez49v.
    Si lo habeis conseguido por favor describirlo (el metodo) en el foro.
    Gracias.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Hello everyone, I'm new member!
    I also have a DMR-EZ49VEBK and I would be interested to know if there is a method to change the language of menu in Italian!
    The DVD/VHS recorder is originally from the UK but also works with the Italian DVB-T !
    Thanks
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    If you don't see "Italian" in the menu screen via the remote......No.
    Quote Quote  
  4. To enter the service mode from standby simultaneously press
    open / close + stop + DVD copying (for 5 seconds).
    Does anyone know how to navigate the menu?
    Quote Quote  
  5. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by temistocle View Post
    Hello everyone, I'm new member!
    I also have a DMR-EZ49VEBK and I would be interested to know if there is a method to change the language of menu in Italian!
    The DVD/VHS recorder is originally from the UK but also works with the Italian DVB-T !
    Thanks
    It's better to say "... change the language of the menu to Italian" because if you say "... in Italian" that may cause native English speakers to think that your menu is now in Italian but you want a different language. I think you want to change TO Italian not change FROM Italian.

Sorry, but I don't know if it's possible to make that kind of change.
    Quote Quote  
  6. There is no procedure mentioned in the EZ49VBK service manual relating to language changes, so there is probably no "secret" language option via service mode.

Panasonic, like most electronics companies, sells specific model versions for specific countries with specific features locked in ROM chips. The choice of display/menu languages you can select using the normal controls varies, depending on where the unit was sold. For example, German-market Panasonics typically only let you choose between German or English, "Continental-market" Panasonics offer the choice of French, Spanish or Italian. The UK-market Panasonics might offer only English and French.

Language options are accessed via the normal Function Menu button on the remote, when that screen appears click on "To Others" and then click on "Display." A list will then open showing you which languages your particular Panasonic can use. If Italian is not on that list, your particular recorder is not capable of operating with Italian-language menus/displays.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by orsetto View Post
    Panasonic, like most electronics companies, sells specific model versions for specific countries with specific features locked in ROM chips. The choice of display/menu languages you can select using the normal controls varies, depending on where the unit was sold.
    This is true. Years ago, in different locations worldwide, I bought Panasonic DVD-S52 three times. The first was in Dubai, UAE, where what attracted me was that it had line outs for Lf, Rf, C, Lr, Rr, sub and the clean 1080i/720p upconversion. This unit was all-region (expected in that place) and the menu had language selection for English, German, French, Italian, Spanish, Arabic, probably Russian and Persian, too. Another S52 was bought in Hong Kong, still all-region, but menu language choices featured English, Portuguese, and two types of Chinese (Mandarin & Cantonese most likely). The last S52 was bought in Stockton, California, where I was shocked to see that there were no line outs for individual surround audio channels, (apart from the token L and R) so I returned it! This unit was, as expected, strictly region 1, and menu language choices were just English, Spanish, & French. In this contest obviously the units for sale in the UAE (and probably around that region and the Levant) win hands down. But when today all you mostly get is a single HDMI port, even the US version of S52 was golden in comparison.
    For the nth time, with the possible exception of certain Intel processors, I don't have/ever owned anything whose name starts with "i".
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by elchatungoes View Post
    Hola a todos amigos:
    Ha conseguido alguien convertir en multiregion el dvd grabador de panasonic dmr-ez49v.
    Si lo habeis conseguido por favor describirlo (el metodo) en el foro.
    Gracias.
    Did you try playing other region DVDs on it already? It might already be multi-region FWIW.
    For the nth time, with the possible exception of certain Intel processors, I don't have/ever owned anything whose name starts with "i".
    Quote Quote