VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I'm using Adobe Premiere Elements 2.0 and am having trouble with a particular VOB file. I've used VOB files in the past without any problems, however this file came from a different source (DVR with DVD+ burner) and I'm not sure if the compression is the same. When I try to bring the file into elements it indicates that it’s conforming the file (bottom right of screen with a status bar). Elements then freezes, does not respond I have to shut it down. Should I download one of the many conversion packages to convert to AVI or equivalent, or is this a problem on adobe’s end? Thanks in advance for any assistance.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    You can either go vob2mpeg, or vob to avi. If you don't need to edit, go vob to mpeg, If you need to edit, go vob 2 avi...
    Rob
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    thanks. i was able to convert to mpeg, however like you indicated i couldn't manipulate video. any suggestions on a vob to avi conversion tool?
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Take a look at the tools section. I've never had to do that... Most of my stuff is capturing dv-avi, editing, encoding, and burning...
    Rob
    Quote Quote