VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. New Features in Grass Valley EDIUS NLE Software Version 4

The latest version of Grass Valley EDIUS is here, incorporating a number of significant and highly requested new features into the powerful realtime NLE software engineered by Canopus.

Here are just some of the new features you will see with this release:

Multicam Editing Mode
    Nested Timeline Sequences
    Enhanced Color Correction Controls
    Revised User Interface
    New Trimming Modes
    Time Remapping

Improved Audio Channel/Track Mapping
    Other Added/Improved Features

http://www.canopus.com/canopus/press/whatshot.php
    Quote Quote  
  2. I think Premiere Pro 2.0 its better,
    but its nice if you have alternative.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    EDIUS was never 'there' compared to premiere and vegas ... but ver. 4 looks like it may be a contender
    "Each problem that I solved became a rule which served afterwards to solve other problems." - Rene Descartes (1596-1650)
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I've tried edius for a month and actually its not bad at all. Once u get used to the shortcuts, things can go smooth.

I don't believe these features are what decides which software is better, but the capabilities of each is what makes one better. Right now, i feel premiere pro 2.0 and Axio are better than edius with the canopus NX.

VERVE
    God Bless Lebanon...
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Doesn't Canopus natively support any format as video input, say DV, MPEG2, AVI, etc without any kind of $400 plug-in ? Then you have to choose the desired output format and then all videos not in that format would be re-rendered ?

Doesn't it import AC3 files ?

I'm a bit used to Premiere, OK, it's undoubtely powerful, but its DV only import capability is annoying, and it's an absurd that a $800 sw doesn't import AC3 audio.....

I have never used Vegas though.

Zetti
    Quote Quote  
  6. I've been playing a while with EDIUS 4 trial version and it seems to be kind of great. One feature that I noticed and I believe it is important is that you can include raw MXF HD video into your project as well as M2T. This is something you can't do in Premiere 2 pro. If you have a HD camera using P2 cards, you don't even have to capture. Only copy the Raw MXF files from the card to your hard drive and ready to go.
    I don't know why Preniere does not support this. I love Premiere and I need to make a decision to buy a good editing software. For some reasons I beleive Premiere is better that EDIUS, but I need one reading MXF files. I wish Adobe include support for this.
    By the way, can anyone using this two appls gives the pros and cons...

Thanks
    Quote Quote  
  7. Originally Posted by GRAMOPHONE
    I've been playing a while with EDIUS 4 trial version and it seems to be kind of great. One feature that I noticed and I believe it is important is that you can include raw MXF HD video into your project as well as M2T. This is something you can't do in Premiere 2 pro. If you have a HD camera using P2 cards, you don't even have to capture. Only copy the Raw MXF files from the card to your hard drive and ready to go.
    I don't know why Preniere does not support this. I love Premiere and I need to make a decision to buy a good editing software. For some reasons I beleive Premiere is better that EDIUS, but I need one reading MXF files. I wish Adobe include support for this.
    By the way, can anyone using this two appls gives the pros and cons...

Thanks
    Canopus is going after the business market now. The are also going head to head with Avid with Canopus teaming with BitCentral.

Canopus via BitCentral has some very strong pluses, but in the end I chose Avid (Newscutter Adrinaline) as the best product.

The feature I liked most about Edius, All the NATIVE files formats it supports.
    The feature I like the least about Avid, All the file formats they DO NOT support.
    tgpo famous MAC commercial, You be the judge?
    Originally Posted by jagabo
    I use the FixEverythingThat'sWrongWithThisVideo() filter. Works perfectly every time.
    Quote Quote  
  8. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I'm editing HDV from my Sony HC-1 in real time with Edius 4 on a nothing special computer.
    Quote Quote