VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Well, I made a SVCD that's just over the 650 meg so now I got to finally get a new burner that burns 80 minute CD's.

Looking for recomendations? Plextor, Sony< what to get?

Thanks
    Allen
    visit my China Railways page at;
    http://www.azagel.com/crail.html

MIDI music on my site also. Have a nice day.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Hands down, Plexwriter 24x. I just picked one up for my new system, ill tell you how it is in a few days. I also have a Plexwriter 16x, and Ricoh 6x. The Ricoh is kind of picky now days about what kind of CDrs i use, the Plextor is great
    Quote Quote  
  3. try,
    the LG 8160b.
    It can burn on 99min CDs at 16x.
    I was able to burn a 120min movie
    on a 99min CD. I used Sefy's SeVCD template
    by the way with the following settings:
    CQ_VBR=100
    audio=128
    Quote Quote  
  4. LG rocks, i can burn everything with minimal cd failing.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I use a Plextor 12x with BurnProof.....burn my VCDs on to CDRW at 10x with no problems. BurnProof is a great feature.
    Quote Quote  
  6. allenz, you can check out the CDRewriters list under OTHER - Comparison, it shows most popular CDRW's in the market, with feature list and prices, so you can make a choosing based on what is good for you, cause something that is great for one, isn't neccesery great for another.
    Email me for faster replies!

Best Regards,
    Sefy Levy,
    Certified Computer Technician.
    Quote Quote  
  7. Thanks to everyone who responded. I'm trying a new Yamaha CRW2200EZ, 20/10/40 and rips at 40.

The box says especially good for VCD/SVCD and this one has "burn proof" technology along with an 8mb buffer, burns 550, 650's and 700's. Has CD text support. the list is to big to reproduce here.
    Comes with Nero 5.5 which I already have so I know Nero supports it. Don't know about NTI though yet. And 7 other programs.

I got 14 days to return it if it don't work.
    I'll let you all know here how it works.

Thanks again
    Allen

Quote Quote  
  8. Burn-Proof ?? are you sure about that ?? i've been to Yamaha's page and they don't have Burn-Proof support.
    Does NERO tell you the drive has Burn-Proof technology ? or something similar ?

Best Regards,
    Sefy Levy,
    Quote Quote  
  9. What other good things are there to be heard about LG??

Do these drives work well with Fireburner, Nero, and CDRwin. I have a couple Acers, which at first seemed to work very well, but I have found them to be very unreliable, not heavily supported and just overall crappy drives.

Looking at the 8160 and 8120, does the 8 meg buffer outweigh the Super-Link?

Thanks in advanced for any replies.
    Quote Quote  
  10. the 8160b has a "Burn-Proof"-like feature called "SuperLink"
    (I think). I've never had coasters with this burner. I'd like to reiterate though that the reason I really liked this burner is its ability to burn onto a 99min CD media at 16x.
    Quote Quote  
  11. Irama1, have you tested and burned 90 and 99min media full disc ?
    cause if you have, I would like to add that information to my CDReWriter list, which i'm trying to keep as updated as possible
    http://www.sefy.dns2go.com/cdrewriter.html

Best Regards,
    Sefy Levy,
    Quote Quote  
  12. Hi All

It must be a brand new one. Yamaha CRW2200EZ, EIDE model. Nero does recognize it as burn proof and 80 minute and I think it will do 90 but not sure.

Burn Proof is called SafeBurn (tm) Buffer Management System, having built in buffer underrun protection, 8Mb buffer memory anhd optimum write speed control.
    Purephase (tm) laser system
    Waste-proof Write Strategy
    Rapidlinked packet writing
    CD Text Support
    Flash ROM

It burned a 745Mb SVCD in 6 minutes and it really looks good.

On another note, I finally broke down and purchased the Ligos LX-MPG plug-in encoder for Premiere. TMPGEnc was good, I could never figure out how to work the avisynth and I kept having to encode twice. First to AVI then to9 MPG.

The Ligos is right off the timeline and bypasses the 2/4 gig limit in Win98SE.

Allen

Quote Quote  
  13. allenz, if your burner is what I think it is, then it's a 20x10x40, and if you burn 745mb in 6 minutes, then it would explain why I never liked Yamaha, cause I burn 800mb and 900mb of VideoCD nearly every few days, and that takes me less then 6min, and I only got a Sanyo 16x10x40, so either the Yamaha is really slow for a 20x burner, or something is fishy with it.

PS: I've checked Yamaha's page again, and it appears the latest 20x10x40 does have SafeBurn and an 8mb buffer memory.

Since you have this burner, can you check if it can do Overburning, 90min and 99min CDR ?

Best Regards,
    Sefy Levy,
    Quote Quote  
  14. I'll be happy to test for over-burn.

Would you explain how to do it please? Either here in the forum or email is okay.
    Allen
    Quote Quote  
  15. Sure thing, get Nero, go to File / Preferences, then to Expert Features, and you will find Enable Overburn, set the Maximum size to the Media you want to burn, and put a file that is as big as the media atleast, and I suggest you use Simulation, so incase your burner doesn't support that size, it won't ruin the media.

And let me know the results!

Best Regards,
    Sefy Levy,
    Quote Quote  
  16. Hey sefy while your at it, HP9150(9100b) sold at walmart $90, uses any I repeat any CD-R or CD-RW I use in it. even the new 99min. CD-R's I have burned them all the way to 98min & 48 sec. may not be the fastest out there at 8x but sure is reliable and its a DAO burner also.
    I have not found any media that this burner fails to burn correctly, even media that does not read or burn correct in other burners like Sony, Yamaha and Teac.
    Quote Quote  
  17. You sure about that ? HP are not known to Overburn, i've had a couple of them in the past so I know, their first models couldn't even do 80min CDR, and for 95$ you can buy Lite-On 24x10x40 which can do 90 and 90min CDR

Best Regards,
    Sefy Levy,
    Quote Quote