VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    You can get hitfilm video editor for free, all you need to do is share on facebook or twitter.

https://hitfilm.com/express/free
    It's not important the problem be solved, only that the blame for the mistake is assigned correctly
    Quote Quote  
  2. I think that's hitfilm 2 , the express version , not the full "ultimate" version
    http://hitfilm.com/express/compare

Still pretty amazing. It's ~$150 retail

I remember playing with v1 , it's a lot like after effects
    Quote Quote  
  3. Originally Posted by sum_guy View Post
    You can get hitfilm video editor for free, all you need to do is share on facebook or twitter.

https://hitfilm.com/express/free
    So you have to prove you have shared on facebook or twitter?
    I don't use either...I dislike it bad enough when I have to supply an email address for some of these progs...
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Agreed....I don't use Facebook or twitter either. Why can't they just post a link to the free version?

Besides, my editing system is not connected to the web for good reason. I like it running smoothly.
    Got my retirement plans all set. Looks like I only have to work another 5 years after I die........
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    They want you to "like" them on Facebook or Post to Twitter from the hitfilm web page. You could simply sign up for facebook, share it from the web page then deactivate your Facebook account. Depends on you whether you want to jump through some hoops for it. I do not endorse this product in any way, I'm just letting the forum know it's available for free.
    It's not important the problem be solved, only that the blame for the mistake is assigned correctly
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    I don't get it.....is there some sort of "I'm smarter than everyone else" prize for publicly announcing that you don't use Facebook? Is that like a badge of honor that I need to wear to rectify my wayward, pitiful life?
    Quote Quote  
  7. A Member since June, 2004 Keyser's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Sharing on facebook or twitter is just a way of advertising their product. I think it's quite reasonable.
    "The greatest trick the Devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist."
    Quote Quote  
  8. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by hech54 View Post
    I don't get it.....is there some sort of "I'm smarter than everyone else" prize for publicly announcing that you don't use Facebook? Is that like a badge of honor that I need to wear to rectify my wayward, pitiful life?
    Not exactly, it just means you're not as dumb as the people that DO use FacePrat or Twatter.
    Quote Quote  
  9. Member
    Search Comp PM
    One of the regulars on this forum states the following on another forum.
    "I was able to download the free software without signing up for Twitter or Facebook. I clicked on the Twitter link, then I closed the Twitter window without signing up for Twitter."
    Expect he'll show up to confirm this.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Wow........Really? Despite your personal preference, not everyone needs or wants to use social media. Choosing to use or not use Facebook/twitter has nothing to do with intelligence nor your pitiful life, it's simply a choice. My wife loves Facebook and that's fine with me. She's a bit of a gossip queen and it suits her. I'm a bit more reserved and prefer to hold direct communications either in person or via phone.

It's sad that it bothers you so..........
    Got my retirement plans all set. Looks like I only have to work another 5 years after I die........
    Quote Quote  
  11. Originally Posted by vkmast View Post
    One of the regulars on this forum states the following on another forum.
    "I was able to download the free software without signing up for Twitter or Facebook. I clicked on the Twitter link, then I closed the Twitter window without signing up for Twitter."
    Expect he'll show up to confirm this.

I am not that regular, but I can confirm you can download without having to sign up to Facebook or Twitter.
    Just click on the Facebook link and a window pops up. Move it or close it and register account with hitfilm.com.
    I used a bogus email too. They don't seem to run too many checks. Confirm the account via the email
    and it takes you to a page confirming registration and gives the free key.
    Just install the program and enter it. It works. Just make sure you check the minimum requirements to run the program.
    Quote Quote  
  12. So that's the only "catch" ? You have to register with hitfilm ?

Not so bad IMO, you could have used the fake/temporary email/credentials routine with Facebook/Twitter if you needed to as well .

I wonder how folks who dished out cash for this program feel
    Quote Quote  
  13. Yep. That's the only catch.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    That's just the "studio" edition.

The Ultimate version has the good AE-like stuff like a particle gen.

HitFilm is a reputable software. I have V2 Ultimate, and it's pretty deep enough to do cutting edge motion graphics. Much easier to use than Blender, although still very geeky.

The company that makes it is reputable. Obviously, because Vegas got partnered with them.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Using Transporterfans steps, I managed to install it. It was a PIA for me because my editing DeskTop was not connected to web. I had to download and register via laptop, install on DeskTop, then retrieve registration file with LapTop to use on DeskTop. It's installed and works, but so far looks iffy. Will have to test it out before making any conclusions.......
    Quote Quote  
  16. The suggestion in post#9 does work. After that you have to register then you will get a serial. Be sure to copy and paste that into notepad. You will need it to activate the software.
    Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence -Carl Sagan
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I got around to testing out HitFilm. It's better than I thought. Although it's the express version, it's still got plenty of effects for video enthusiasts. I tried to recreate a tutorial I watched, however this version doesn't have a proper particle generator so it isn't exact, but it's still decent quality just the same.

This version is very limited on export formats. it only allows mp4, uncompressed avi, dv-avi and image sequence..........

Here is my first test output clip:
    Image Attached Files
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    That's a nice animation.

It may not support many formats, but it does support the right ones. I usually make fx in HF, then export as still sequence to Vegas. Works both ways, but HF isn't really that great as an NLE.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Yeah if I were to make FX in HitFilm to import into NLE, I would definitely use image sequence in PNG 32 or 24 bit formats.......
    Quote Quote