VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I have a *.wmv video which has a fps (frames per second) rate of 24 and a VC-1 (WNV3) video codec.

Unfortunately I noticed a slight stuttering when playing it with various video players like VLC,....

When I re-enocde this video (to either *.avi or *.mp4 or *.mkv) and increase the fps rate to lets say 29.97
    does that help to prevent stuttering? Is increasing fps rate senseful at all?

Does decreasing the "maximum keyframe interval" help?
    Quote Quote  
  2. '
    has a fps (frames per second) rate of 24 and a VC-1 (WNV3) video codec
    how did you obtain that info?

and increase the fps rate to lets say 29.97
    what are you utilizing for your plan to achieve that?
    Quote Quote  
  3. Originally Posted by pxstein View Post
    does that help to prevent stuttering? Is increasing fps rate senseful at all?
    No and no.

Do you have a short sample that shows the stuttering?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Most often, stuttering indicates that the frames once shot at equial time intervals are no more in their equidistant places at playback. Sometimes it can be a result of improper action at video processing, like frame dropping or insertion of duplicates. And that often happens when a user tries to directly change framerate at encoding. So no, this action will not improve the video. Also, the visible stuttering in your video might be a result of frame dropping in it (by some person who processed it).
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    Stuttering can be at runtime/playback, which can be fixed but requires troubleshooting the decoding and playback chain. But it can also be BAKED IN, which is what the above posters alluded to, in which case you are likely screwed. None of either can be figured out without more information. MediaInfo readouts or short samples are a good start.

Scott
    Quote Quote  
Visit our sponsor! Try DVDFab and backup Blu-rays!