VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I love this combination of PlayOn and Roku, is there a way to create a Playlist for music/video? anyone know? If you want to write the entire synopsis thats fine, or tell me it can't be done, or if you could point me to the information, Thank you.
    It's not important the problem be solved, only that the blame for the mistake is assigned correctly
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Playon and Roku are two different animals, what combination are you referring to?
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    PlayOn is installed on my server, I have a PlayOn channel in my Roku which plays back my mkv, mp3 etc. There is a folder called viewed on the Roku-PlayOn screen that says "Playlist", however, I've tried creating a VLC playlist and a WMP playlist and it doesn't seem to recognize either one.
    It's not important the problem be solved, only that the blame for the mistake is assigned correctly
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I went to the Roku site, and I don't see a PlayOn channel in the lineup.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    The PlayOn channel is a "Private Channel", and apparently Roku frowns upon, even going so far as to lock threads on there forum regarding PlayOn, my assumption is that they view it as a liability due to the potential exposure to copyright infringement, which makes no sense since it's a piece of hardware.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    So what is it you're trying to do?
    Quote Quote  
  7. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I'm trying to create a "Playlist" for video and music, so far it doesn't look promising.
    Quote Quote