VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hi everyone!

I've got a little problem with virtualdub and I need some help.

Since I've been using virtualdub I had never a problem like that.
    I explain;
    to make a good quality dvdrip I usually convert my movies using virtualdub in two passes, but, as a matter of fact I can't convert in 2 passes anymore.

So, I open the video file (usualy .vob), I select video, compression, XVID, configure, then I adjust the video setings in the codec, so I click "twopass - 1st pass" and I click on "more and select a proper destination for the ".pass file".
    BUT, when I try to open the created ".pass file" (I mean that I select "twopass - 2nd pass and I check if the destination folder is correct)
    it's not there!!! I tried to start the job without it (in the "job control"), but without success, all information I can get from VD is "error".
    I've already tried everything even reset my computer but it didn't work. To tell the truth I'm kind of lost. I really don't know what to do.

Any reply is welcome.
    Thanks.
    Death Valley
    PS. My English isn't quite good cause I'm Belgian, thanks for understanding.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Using version VirtualDub 1.10.1

Encoding type > TwoPass 1st Pass > More, select name and destination of the .pass' file.
    File > Queue batch operation > Run video analysis pass (this will be Job 1).

Encoding type > TwoPass 2nd Pass.
    File > Queue batch operation > Save as AVI (give it a name, this will be Job 2)

File > Job Control ... It should list both of the jobs in the pane.
    Quote Quote  
  3. OK. Thanks for answering. I'll try that, but is it also possible with VirtualdubMOD ?
    Quote Quote  
  4. No. Not this way.
    Run video analysis pass option is present since 1.6.5 version of VirtualDub.
    Last VirtualDubMod build is based on VirtualDub 1.5.10 (released in december 2003).
    VideoAudio.pl - Serwis o technologii wideo & audio
    Quote Quote  
  5. Originally Posted by sambat View Post
    Encoding type > TwoPass 1st Pass > More, select name and destination of the .pass' file.
    where is "Encoding type"? i cannot find this in virtualdub.

thanks
    Quote Quote  
  6. video->compression
    Quote Quote  
  7. Member
    Search Comp PM
    video > compression, select a codec and configure it.

Quote Quote