VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hello,

I am new here... I'd like to author a (simple) blu-ray. The source material is .f4v files with the following specs:

Video:
    H264
    1280 x 720
    aspect ratio = 1:1
    frame rate = 23.976

Audio:
    AAC
    128 kbps
    44100 Hz

Can I use these files without re encoding them? what program could I use?

Thanks,
    diodorus
    Quote Quote  
  2. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    The audio must be reconverted but the video might work without reconverting. Try multiAVCHD and see what it says.

If it wont work try an all-in-one blu-ray/avchd converter like avchdcoder, d2mp.
    Quote Quote  
  3. ok, since multiAVCHD wouldn't take f4v files as inputs, i first used avidemux and transformed the f4v's into mp4's (no re encoding, right?).

then i put the mp4 into multiAVCHD, which, as you predicted, (if i understood correctly) only re encoded the audio... i then created an iso with imgburn and it played correctly in powerdvd.

that all went too smooth, as a first experiment!!

if i now want to create a a blu ray with menus, can u recommend any software i could start playing with?

thanks!!
    diodorus

edit: i have just noticed the menu section within multiAVCHD. i'll start playing with this first, but i assume it's not very versatile...
    Quote Quote  
  4. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    If you use video COPY and audio COPY in avidemux there will be no reconverting, just remuxing to a mp4.

For more advanced menu creation you can use tmpgenc authoring works or https://www.videohelp.com/tools/sections/authoring-bd-hd-dvd . BUT most of them might reconvert your video....and they aren't exactly free.
    Quote Quote