VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. My first post here and I could use some help. I am having
    problems copying discs recorded on the DR-M1 using my PC, I am using the new Update of Nero 6 with new PowerPack with a Plextor PX-708A.

This is what I am doing

1) I record on the JVC in VR Mode (using the FR (Free Rate)Function
    2) Import the video into Nero Vision Express as it allows you to import VR Mode DVD
    3) The video imports however when played back in the editing screen or recorded onto a DVD-R the audio is slightly out of sync with the picture.

This is driving me crazy can anyone explain where I am going wrong?

Gerard
    Quote Quote  
  2. As stated above I was having problems transferring video recorded on a JVC DR-M1 onto PC for authoring to DVD-R, I have now found the following works:

1) Using a DVD-RW disc make your original Recording using the DR-M1 in
    'Video Mode' ONLY
    2) 'Finalise' your recording in the DR-M1
    3) Place the 'Finalised' DVD-RW into your PC and open the program
    'TMPGEnc DVD Author' you will also need to have purchased the additional
    'AC3 Encoder-Decoder' both the Author program and the sound plug are
    available here:- http://www.pegasys-inc.com/en/index.html
    4) Select 'Create New Project' and then select 'Add DVD Video' proceed to
    add video from the disc you recorded on the DR-M1, once you have added video
    you can add chapter points, create menus, remove commercials etc, once you
    are happy with your editing proceed to the 'OUTPUT' section and burn your
    new DVD-R.

Hope this helps others, as it has taken me weeks to get this far!

Gerard
    Quote Quote  
  3. Withdrawn
    Quote Quote  
  4. Hi Philip
    I download the 'Trial version' of DVD MovieFactory 3 Disc Creator however I could not get the VR Mode video to inport because the DR-M1 uses AC3 for the audio. Does the purchased version allow you to import AC3 Audio?
    Regards
    Gerard
    Quote Quote  
  5. Withdrawn
    Quote Quote  
  6. Philip,
    Just found this on the U-lead site, it looks like a non starter
    however it does refer to MovieFactory 2, maybe version 3 is different
    http://www.ulead.com/tech/dmf/dmf2faq.htm#4

FROM U-LEAD SITE:-

QUESTION: When I try to import a video from a DVD disc, a message "The Imported DVD video contains AC-3 audio tracks. DVD MovieFactory does not support this audio format. Please convert the audio first to a compatible format" is shown during the process. Does DVD MovieFactory 2 support AC-3?

ANSWER: No, DVD MovieFactory 2 does not support the AC-3 audio codec, so the imported DVD video from your DVD disc will have only video and no sound. Except AC-3, DVD MovieFactory 2 supports LPCM and MPEG Audio for DVD compliant videos, which we provide the information on the System Requirement and Comparison web pages.
    As the message, we suggest you use some other tools to convert the AC-3 audio to WAV or MP3 file type then use "Replace Audio" function to import the converted audio file. However, you must make sure the converted audio duration fitting in with the duration of original video, or you will encounter additional out of synchronization problems.
    Quote Quote  
  7. Withdrawn
    Quote Quote