VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Is this a HEVC Video Capture Card? If so, how is it used?
    http://www.aliexpress.com/item/MPEG-4-AVC-H-264-H265-HDMI-Encoder-Replace-HD-Video-Cap...364544617.html
    Here is what looks to be the same device with model number
    http://www.unisheen.cn/show_pro.asp?ID=17
    BM2650-HDMI HEVC H.265 HD Encoder

current price for 1 device is $400-$450. I can imagine it will only go down in the future.
    Last edited by ezcapper; 5th Jul 2015 at 19:56.
    Quote Quote  
  2. ok i think i get the concept a little better now. This is my guess on how it works: You connect the hdmi cable from the source to the box. Then it operates like an apple tv except you play the video through your computer. On the computer you open VLC and put in the network address. Then hit the red record button and it will transfer the hevc encoded file that was encoded on the box onto your computer.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Input HDMI -->> save file passes LAN network connection to computer

controlling capture box, like you controlling router with web browser

But 90% its scam, because device don't have brand
    and its come from China
    Quote Quote  
  4. Originally Posted by roma_turok View Post
    Input HDMI -->>
    and its come from China
    haha, good point roma_turok
    Quote Quote  
  5. Originally Posted by roma_turok View Post
    Input HDMI -->> save file passes LAN network connection to computer

and its come from China
    Why?
    Most of modern products are from China, and brand... what kind of brand you expect? Ateme?
    Few weeks ago some H.265 HDMI capture boards was presented on this forum - quality is not best but probably similar to other comparable solutions.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Banned
    Search PM
    Originally Posted by pandy View Post
    Originally Posted by roma_turok View Post

and its come from China
    Why?
    Most of modern products are from China, and brand... what kind of brand you expect? Ateme?
    Few weeks ago some H.265 HDMI capture boards was presented on this forum - quality is not best but probably similar to other comparable solutions.
    Brand does not mean anything unless it is a reputable brand.

Making a brand and registering it is an easy thing to do. Add a nice photoshopped logo and neat packaging. Now order wholesale no-name stuff from China and stick on your "marketing whizz-bang".

Brand? There's a sucker born every minute!

Quote Quote  
  7. Originally Posted by pandy View Post
    Originally Posted by roma_turok View Post

and its come from China
    Why?
    Can you direct me to these posts? This is very fascinating technology to me. Where can you read about these h.265 hdmi capture boards? Thanks!
    Quote Quote  
  8. Originally Posted by ezcapper View Post
    Can you direct me to these posts? This is very fascinating technology to me. Where can you read about these h.265 hdmi capture boards? Thanks!
    https://forum.videohelp.com/threads/370728-I-made-a-HEVC-H-265-encoder-board?p=2379438&...=1#post2379438
    Quote Quote  
  9. Originally Posted by newpball View Post

Making a brand and registering it is an easy thing to do. Add a nice photoshopped logo and neat packaging. Now order wholesale no-name stuff from China and stick on your "marketing whizz-bang".

It is even funnier - there is plenty well known brands currently owned by Chinese companies - Salora, Grundig etc - 30 - 40 years ago those names was well recognized currently they are owned by Chinese companies...
    US example - well recognized Columbia Pictures is owned by Sony - in next 30 years, Sony will be owned by China or India... Probably US guys can provide well recognized domestic equipment brands no longer US but China owned.
    Welcome i global corpo world...
    Quote Quote  
  10. Banned
    Search PM
    Originally Posted by pandy View Post
    Originally Posted by newpball View Post

It is even funnier - there is plenty well known brands currently owned by Chinese companies - Salora, Grundig etc - 30 - 40 years ago those names was well recognized currently they are owned by Chinese companies...
    US example - well recognized Columbia Pictures is owned by Sony - in next 30 years, Sony will be owned by China or India... Probably US guys can provide well recognized domestic equipment brands no longer US but China owned.
    Welcome i global corpo world...
    Good point!

Quote Quote  
  11. Member
    Search Comp PM
    is it absolutely necessary to be HEVC ?

i'm considering one of these, that i learned about right here on these forums

http://www.amazon.com/HDMI-Cloner-need-Capture-streaming-videos/dp/B00TF9MCXU
    Quote Quote  
  12. Originally Posted by theewizard View Post

I own the box you're considering minus the logo, I got it for $50 off ebay. I like it, but definitely could see how it would drive some people crazy. With the x265 box, I'm just fascinated by the technology. It's just very interesting to me that a few years ago the Hauppage hd pvr was state of the art, and now we have things like this that these Chinese guys are selling for $50-$60 that produce watchable videos at 3 mbps and don't output hdcp errors or black screens.

In 5 years, this particular box will probably be only $100 or so. That's pretty amazing to me.
    Last edited by ezcapper; 5th Jul 2015 at 14:52.
    Quote Quote  
  13. Originally Posted by theewizard View Post

Here is an alternative to consider to the HDMI-Cloner Box. It might accept the same firmware. It is a yk919h. The HDMI-Cloner Box is a yk918h. Same price, a few more features. Through the internet I know a guy who bought from this seller:
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/351222832952?_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT
    Quote Quote  
  14. Member
    Search Comp PM
    thanks for the info and link
    what are the advantages , IF any, over the HDMI cloner

my personal preference is Amazon vs ebay/china
    i have bought from china and will again, but with (2) competing products of near same price, i will pick Amazon
    Quote Quote  
  15. Originally Posted by theewizard View Post
    thanks for the info and link
    what are the advantages , IF any, over the HDMI cloner

my personal preference is Amazon vs ebay/china
    i have bought from china and will again, but with (2) competing products of near same price, i will pick Amazon
    That's probably for the best, it's definitely safer. ClonerAlliance has good customer service, they will make sure you are happy with the product. The ebay device has component and composite input as well as hdmi. But you are more likely to be happy with the amazon purchase. If the box does not work exactly right, they will send you a replacement one no questions asked.
    Quote Quote  
  16. found another hevc capture card to add to the list, this one is by a taiwanese company and probably priced out of the consumer price range, but looks very good. The UHD one seems especially interesting:
    http://www.sanyan97.com/solution/live-h265-datasheet.html
    Quote Quote  
  17. I contacted MINE, a company that distributes the BM2650 and asked if it can be used as a capture card. He replied positively:

"Our encoder would be the same function Encoder= special computer+capture card in one unit.
    Would you add my skype: i4steve, I'd like to give you more demo and photos."

I don't have skype. Can someone with skype add him so we can get some sample video files and see the quality and mediainfo information of the files.

I have a feeling that this box produces very high quality HEVC recordings. It's a little cheaper than a Blackmagic Hyperdeck Shuttle, but I know they are in 2 different categories in what they do.
    Last edited by ezcapper; 6th Jul 2015 at 19:44.
    Quote Quote  
  18. The quality of the encoder really exceeded my expectations. They have a livestream, the specs of the file are below.
    http://i4steve.eicp.net:266/hdmi if it asks for username and password, both are "admin" without the quotation marks.

Mediainfo:
    Format : MPEG-TS
    File size : 24.7 MiB
    Duration : 2mn 38s
    Overall bit rate mode : Variable
    Overall bit rate : 1 307 Kbps

[Video] ID : 104 (0x68)
    Menu ID : 1 (0x1)
    Format : HEVC
    Format/Info : High Efficiency Video Coding
    Format profile : Main@L3.1@Main
    Codec ID : 36
    Width : 1 280 pixels
    Height : 720 pixels
    Display aspect ratio : 16:9
    Color space : YUV
    Chroma subsampling : 4:2:0
    Bit depth : 8 bits

[Audio] ID : 103 (0x67)
    Menu ID : 1 (0x1)
    Format : AAC
    Format/Info : Advanced Audio Codec
    Format version : Version 4
    Format profile : LC
    Muxing mode : ADTS
    Codec ID : 15
    Bit rate mode : Variable
    Channel(s) : 2 channels
    Channel positions : Front: L R
    Sampling rate : 44.1 KHz
    Compression mode : Lossy
    Delay relative to video : 3ms

overall bitrate only 1307 kbps. Wow great technology from MINE
    The guy said they have a July promotional at $400. He said he the best place to order was from
    mine08@mine.com.cn
    This is easily the most impressive card I have ever seen. It has adjustable recording settings up to 12 mbps.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    It common know as just a network attached capture devcie not at all that much diff from today Cable/ATSC network attached tuner like a SiliconDust HDHomeRun
    It way high price rigth now
    Lack IR Blaster as I don't see any ref to HDMI-CEC support
    Lack and other Video Input
    Quote Quote  
  20. Originally Posted by SHS View Post
    It common know as just a network attached capture devcie not at all that much diff from today Cable/ATSC network attached tuner like a SiliconDust HDHomeRun
    It way high price rigth now
    Lack IR Blaster as I don't see any ref to HDMI-CEC support
    Lack and other Video Input
    Thanks SHS for the reply. It seems like you are familiar with these type of devices. With the Chinese HEVC encoder, I have a few questions, can you help?

1.) If the hdmi source is plugged in and playing, but I am not accessing the stream from the computer, Does it use internet bandwidth.
    2.) After setting it up, can you record without an internet connection? Does LAN work without using internet?
    3.) Does VLC have a timer record function to set recording times? Or would the user have to use an autohotkey script.

Thanks for your time in all the posts you have written!
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by ezcapper View Post
    1.) If the hdmi source is plugged in and playing, but I am not accessing the stream from the computer, Does it use internet bandwidth.!
    It a Local Loop in tell a Steam is Started then go over your local network as in routor or hub or even internet depend on how have hook up and setup

2.) After setting it up, can you record without an internet connection? Does LAN work without using internet?!
    Yes and Yes

3.) Does VLC have a timer record function to set recording times? Or would the user have to use an autohotkey script.
    In case with SiliconDust HDHomeRun you used 3rdparty server app like WMC or SageTV or MythTV even Harwdare NAS device for recording to with some add-on app like Plex or Emby or something along that lines and as VLC Media Player that I don't, Then the 2nd option to do to LiveTV Steam to any device that can get apps for work with.
    Quote Quote  
  22. Thank you for these answers shs, they really help clarify for me how this device works
    Quote Quote  
  23. Got an email from the manufacturer with suggested bitrates, etc. It's interesting that it can output 1080p60

email:
    hello my friend,

How are you?
    We have launched stable HD video encoder H.265. Promotion price: only 399/pc (Original price: USD 583/pc,31% off) in July,2015.

Why to choose H.265 encoder?

Better performance, H.265 support video output 1080P@60fps, which is very smooth for sports TV, action movie but H.264 only support 30fps;
    You can add picture logo in the control panel beside text LOGO in H.264 encoder ;
    small bitrates and better performance than H.264 encoder.

Here is the bitrate comparison between H.264 &H.265 encoder:

Resolution H.264 encoding H.265 encoding
    720x576(D1) 800-1500kbps 400-800kbps
    1080x720p(HD) 1200-2500kbps 800-1500kbps
    1920x1080p(Full HD) 3500-6000kbps 1500-2500kbps
    So it will save your bandwidth very much and save your money for better performance.

Post the link to your browser to find the photos, manual and firmware of H.265 encoder: H.265 Encoder: https://www.mediafire.com/folder/9tj9adg8f6b7a/H.265_encoder

Would you need one sample to test ?

Best regards,

Steve Chan

Sales Manager
    ---------
    Shenzhen Mine Technology Co., Ltd.

E: mine08@mine.com.cn
    M: +86 157 6626 7726
    Direct: +86 755 8327 1813
    T: +86 755 8328 1889 ext. 8813
    F: +86 755 8304 8160
    W: http://www.mine.com.cn/en/index.asp
    ADD.(Sales Dep.): 26F,Building B,Guangbo Modern Window Mansion,Huaqiang N Rd, Futian District, Shenzhen,518031, China
    ADD.(Factory): 4th Floor, XiaCun Industrial Park NO.4, BuJi Town, LongGang District, Shenzhen, China
    Quote Quote  
  24. Here is a video unboxing of the hevc capture card and some how to's on setting it up:
    http://s1371.photobucket.com/user/i4steve/media/H265%20HD%20video%20encoder/20150723_1...rojkt.mp4.html
    Quote Quote