VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I buy a special box (like dream box ) from my internet provider, it has a hdmi out, ethernet cable . Is any way to record video from it to pc?
    It has a recorder itself but when i input usb on it ,i has to format it and it create a unknown filesystem on usb when i want to get files in pc.
    Is any way to open this unknown filesystem usb? Thanks.. .
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    HDMI out is HDCP protected, so if ISP has marked stuff as CP'd, you won't get any signal on HDMI caps (unless you had some HDCP defeater). Ethernet is really for input on those devices, and possibly for DLNA sharing (but that is probably ALSO CP'd) with "compatible" (aka same family, approved) devices.

If it needs to format the USB, that's because the device wants all recorded storage to be encrypted (...CP...). No surprise there.

Is there any way? NO. This is the name of the game now, as I forewarned.

Scott
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    There is a chance that the strange file system is a standard Linux file system. If so, you could use Linux Reader for Windows to look at what is on the USB drive. http://www.diskinternals.com/linux-reader/

Even if you can see what is on the USB drive, that doesn't mean the recordings themselves won't be encrypted or split into many small pieces with no easy way to put them back together.
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    It IS a Linux filesystem, but the FS is encrypted. S.O.P. these days.

Scott
    Quote Quote  
  5. Thanks for your reply, i try to open this usb with linux but it wont to open. I try to recover files after i format usb,
    and a mpeg recovered but it isn reendering with a video player.
    P.s After i format this usb with windows it says that it is 10 mb (it is 4gb in real) but i formated it using Hp format tool.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by albfullsoft View Post
    Thanks for your reply, i try to open this usb with linux but it wont to open. I try to recover files after i format usb,
    and a mpeg recovered but it isn reendering with a video player.
    P.s After i format this usb with windows it says that it is 10 mb (it is 4gb in real) but i formated it using Hp format tool.
    If the file can't be rendered with a video player, then Cornucopia is correct. The recordings are encrypted to prevent anything but the individual DVR that recorded them from playing them.
    Quote Quote