VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I am new. I just recorded a DVD from VHS. It wrote two folders to the DVD, ( Video_RM and Video_TS.) The RM folder contains 3 files (.BUP, .DAT, and .IFO).
    The TS folder has 7 files (.BUP, .IFO, .VOB - all Video files, and ,BUP, ,IFO, 1_.VOB and 2.VOB all VTS). How do I get theses 2 folders to ,make a 1 file video I can play in DVD. In addition I don't have the original VHS anymore.
    It seems that maybe one of the folders is for sound and the other is for video but I am not sure. This VHS was from over 25 years ago and I don't want to lose it. By the way, when I converted to DVD I also watched the VHS and it looked perfect. I did this on a DVD player that also had a slot to convert or play VHS, I had done it before and the disks came out fine. HELP
    Quote Quote  
  2. I'm a Super Moderator johns0's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Ignore the VIDEO_RM and copy the VIDEO_TS to your computer and burn the folder with imgburn,it will tell you how to burn it.
    I think,therefore i am a hamster.
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    The "VIDEO_RM" folder refers to Recording Media (or Movie, or MPEG, etc). It is specific to Philips & similar brand DVD recorders. Think of it as a temporary holding place for your media stream once it gets to disc. This is proprietary to these brands and do not (for the most part) work any other types of DVD player, UNTIL...

You finalize.
    Once you've done that, the media (or more accurately the links/handles/addresses to that media) are transferred/copied to the proper folder:

The "VIDEO_TS"folder, which refers to Title Set. This is the international, industry-wide standard that EVERY DVD player must fully understand and be compatible with, or they shouldn't be considered DVD-players.

So, long story short (but not really), listen to what johns0 had to say.

Scott

*Note that these shouldn't really be "merged"! Under the hood, they fundamentally duplicate each other.
    Quote Quote  
Visit our sponsor! Try DVDFab and backup Blu-rays!