VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5
FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    GetSBS List (SBSGet), has been updated to v2.1 at Post #23.

See previous Warning/Bug posts and Details at Post #23.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    GetSBS List (SBSGet), has been updated to v2.3, available at base of Post #23.

Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    SBSphp GUI updated to v1.5 at base of Post #17.

New screenshots and detail added earlier in Post #17.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Just updated the NOTE near the start of Post #23, to be more in line with current Modes and processes. Just realized I had overlooked that. Mind you, reading the version details should probably have cleared any confusion.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    GetSBS List (SBSGet), has been updated to v2.4, available at base of Post #23.

I now recommend an 'hours earlier overlap' value of 24 (at least). You can read the reasons why here.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    GetSBS List (SBSGet), has been updated to v2.5, available at base of Post #23.

This update has IMPORTANT BUGFIXES.

Quote Quote  
  7. Member
    Search Comp PM
    AdobeHDS GUI, has been updated to v4.2 at Post #1. See details at Post #2.

GetSBS List (SBSGet), has been updated to v2.6 at Post #23. See previous Warning/Bug posts and Details at Post #23.
    Quote Quote  
  8. Member
    Search Comp PM
    GetSBS List (SBSGet), has been updated to v2.8 at Post #23. See previous Warning/Bug posts and Details at Post #23.
    Quote Quote  
  9. Member
    Search Comp PM
    SBS YouTube-DL GUI

I AM NOW NO LONGER WORKING ON THIS PROGRAM.

Due to a recent problem with SBSphp GUI (see Post #17), I adapted it to work with the command-line program youtube-dl.exe instead. This is now being released as SBS YouTube-DL GUI or the affectionate more friendly name of SBSGetterer.

youtube-dl.exe is required and can be found at - https://rg3.github.io/youtube-dl/

The adaption also includes a floating Dropbox, for drag & drop of SBS video URL links.

NOTE - It may be that you will need to provide Administrator permissions for SBSGetterer and youtube-dl.exe (especially) to work together.

Click image for larger version

Name:	YouTube_main.png
Views:	199
Size:	25.0 KB
ID:	42238 Click image for larger version

Name:	YouTube_opts.png
Views:	346
Size:	26.1 KB
ID:	42237 Name:  Dropbox.png
Views: 4321
Size:  2.8 KB

The floating URL Dropbox is run from a secondary EXE, and the Video List is not updated, until it closes. NOT TESTED - It is possible, to run the Dropbox.exe file independently, but it would require closing and re-opening the SBSGetterer program to have any new items show on the Video List ... or you could open the Dropbox the usual way and then close it immediately, to do much the same thing. That last cannot be done while the program is downloading videos.

UPDATES
    (v1.1) Support added for https.

(v1.2) Bugfix for ':' in Video Title. Paths moved to Options window, and various other elements changed on Main window, including adding a URL DROPBOX button to give easier access to that feature, and an open Destination folder button. Extra parameters can be specified for 'youtube-dl.exe' on the Options window, that are saved when that window closes. Clipboard button was enlarged. Various other improvements.

(v1.3) youtube-dl method of file conversion has been adopted (but can be over-ridden by an entry in the 'Settings.ini' file). Reported errors no longer hold up proceedings during a batch process, which continues after 15 seconds, with an error indicator added to entry text. Basic command-line parameters have been expanded for youtube-dl, and are now in the 'Settings.ini' file (this means they can be manually edited, though that is not usually recommended unless you have a clear understanding). Button added for updating youtube-dl executable (exe).

NOT RECOMMENDED
    There is an alternative Dropbox, that is not run as a separate EXE. However, its use is problematical and so not recommended.
    This Dropbox is run in the same usual manner as the other (hold down CTRL while clicking the Clipboard button). SBSGetterer is minimized while either Dropbox is running.
    To have it work instead of the default Dropbox, you need to modify an entry in the Settings.ini file. In the [URL Dropbox] section, change the 'use=1' entry to 'use=4'. NOTE - If the Dropbox.exe file is not present in the program folder, when first running SBSGetterer, then this alternate Dropbox is the defacto default.
    If you have issues getting the alternate Dropbox to work, see the following instructions, which I do not recommend you use. Use at your risk only.

1. Install the Visual Basic Runtime from here. That supposedly gives you the required library elements.
    2. If you get an error message (Class is not licensed for use) then you probably need the ActiveX Fix. I came across mention of it at Embedded activeX component - RichText. A post there mentions an ActiveX Fix, which can be downloaded from here. The included reg file did the trick. I also came across what appears to be a similar thing, called vbctrls.reg, which is said to be located on the VB6 install CD, under \Common\tools\vb\controls.

WARNING - I am not sure about the legality of that ActiveX Fix, so I have no intentions of recommending it. Users though, are free to do as they wish. It does seem odd to me though, that Microsoft have such a painful arrangement with these old controls, especially as the web is full of people struggling with a similar issue to this. It is very much like VB .Net made VB6 programs redundant, which should not have been the case. According to what I have read, if the control was provided in a specific manner (attached to a form or something), then the licensing issue doesn't occur ... but I have no clue how to implement such in AutoIt ... or if you even can.
    SBS YouTube-DL GUI v1.3.zip (955.1 KB, 193 views) NO LONGER WORKING
    Last edited by Tombs; 28th May 2018 at 20:41.
    Quote Quote  
  10. Member
    Search Comp PM
    SBSphp GUI updated to v1.6 at base of Post #17.
    Quote Quote  
  11. Member
    Search Comp PM
    GetSBS List (SBSGet), has been updated to v2.9 at Post #23. See previous Warning/Bug posts and Details at Post #23.

My apologies for updating again so soon, but I am finding the new load by Expires date feature from the last update, a very handy thing, and it didn't taken very long for me to realize it could do with some further enhancements, to save on typing etc.
    Quote Quote  
  12. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Just whipped up a simple basic helper (run & move window) program, of particular benefit to Ripper users (i.e. SBSRipper).

Run Program Move Window v1.0

It is good for relocating program windows that don't remember a preferred screen position.

The program creates an alternate shortcut on your Desktop, which you can relocate elsewhere if you like.
    (1) It runs specified program.
    (2) Can optionally wait for a popup window and select specified option.
    (3) Move main window to specified position.

Just create a folder for the program somewhere, and run it from there or create a shortcut to do so.

IMPORTANT - Needs Admin privileges. Don't activate other windows during the short period it is running.

Click image for larger version

Name:	RunMove.png
Views:	224
Size:	16.1 KB
ID:	41405
    Image Attached Files
    Last edited by Tombs; 31st Dec 2017 at 12:27.
    Quote Quote  
  13. Member
    Search Comp PM
    GetSBS List (SBSGet), has been updated to v3.0 at Post #23. See previous Warning/Bug posts and Details at Post #23.

This update, has some level of automation to get the Manifest and enter it into the 'AdobeHDS GUI' automatically (Firefox support only ... but see the dialog when selecting the option, for a Chrome possibility) - this is EXPERIMENTAL so the process may fail. Enable or Re-enable the option to see more detail.
    NOTE - This option is very dependent on the HDS Link Detector popup window size, which does change according to manifest data, but also could very well be different depending on your PC screen resolution. I have catered automatically for the former, but not for the latter, though I have provided some 'Options.ini' file settings, that a savvy user could modify. To do this, see the [Get Manifest] section entries (left, top, width, height), and use them in conjunction with any results returned in the [Popup Found] section. I can explain further in a post here at the VideoHelp forum, if anyone has trouble and asks.
    Quote Quote  
  14. Member
    Search Comp PM
    AdobeHDS GUI, has been updated to v4.4 at Post #1. See details at Post #2. New screenshots at Post #3.

P.S. It seems I forgot to create new posts here to advise of the earlier update of AdobeHDS GUI to v4.3, and the latest update of v3.1 for GetSBS List (for the download & details, see Post #23).
    Quote Quote  
  15. Member
    Search Comp PM
    GetSBS List (SBSGet), has been updated to v3.2 at Post #23. See previous Warning/Bug posts and Details at Post #23.
    Quote Quote  
  16. Member
    Search Comp PM
    GetSBS List, has been updated to v3.3 at Post #23. See previous Warning/Bug posts and Details at Post #23. 2 new screenshots.

Lots of improvements, fixes & new features. You can read here about some, plus important advice in the post after.
    Quote Quote  
  17. Member
    Search Comp PM
    GetSBS List, has been updated to v3.4 at Post #23. See previous Warning/Bug posts and Details at Post #23.

Seeing previous post for the extra information link, might be helpful.
    Quote Quote  
  18. Member
    Search Comp PM
    GetSBS List, has been updated to v3.5 at Post #23. See previous Warning/Bug posts and Details at Post #23. 1 new screenshot.

Seeing previous posts for any extra information, might be helpful.
    Quote Quote  
  19. Member
    Search Comp PM
    AdobeHDS GUI, has been updated to v4.5 at Post #1. See details at Post #2.

GetSBS List, has been updated to v3.6 at Post #23. This is only a minor update, so that sub-folder creation matches that newly added to AdobeHDS GUI.
    Quote Quote  
  20. Member
    Search Comp PM
    AdobeHDS GUI, has been updated to v4.6 at Post #1. See details at Post #2.

GetSBS List, has been updated to v3.7 at Post #23.

Both of these are a minor bugfix update, for a discovered flaw in the new sub-folder creation code, plus I have added an improvement.
    Quote Quote  
  21. Member
    Search Comp PM
    SBS YouTube-DL GUI (SBSGetterer) updated to v1.1. See Post #39.

Basic update, with support for https added.
    Quote Quote  
  22. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Welcome to URLDown Dropper, a simple drag & drop video URL downloader.

INSTRUCTIONS
    1. Place 'URLDown Dropper.exe' in a folder.
    2. Download or obtain 'youtube-dl.exe' and place it in same folder.
    3. Download or obtain 'ffmpeg.exe' and place it in same folder.
    NOTE - To stop 'youtube-dl.exe' complaining about 'ffprobe' etc, 'ffprobe.exe' can usually be found in the same download zip as 'ffmpeg.exe'. So just grab 'ffprobe.exe and place it where 'ffmpeg.exe' is.
    4. Download or obtain 'mkvmerge.exe' and place it in same folder (only required for MKV chapters & Preview files).
    5. Run (execute) 'URLDown Dropper.exe'.
    6. A dropbox should appear, that you can drag a video page URL to. Or use copy & paste.
    7. If an acceptable URL, then the video should start downloading immediately (SBS etc) or prompt for a unique title first (other sites).
    8. Multiple simultaneous downloads are possible. Just drag and drop another URL.
    9. When the Dropbox closes it may query to cleanup some files. Though you may still need to cleanup one or two others after a cancelled download.
    10. Many options are accessible through the Dropbox's right-click menu.

SUBTITLES
    An attempt is made to download any subtitle file.

OTHER OPTIONS
    Over time, the program has been given many more options. Most users need never adjust them from their default settings, as they are aimed more at the Power User. So it is still possible to use the program in the simplistic way it was initially designed for - Drag & Drop, start downloading immediately.

TROUBLESHOOTING
    If you have any problems, you may need to create a shortcut to 'URLDown Dropper.exe' and give it Administrator permissions to run (i.e. Run As Administrator).

NOTE - If you know about setting %PATH%, then you may be able to specify the locations of ffmpeg.exe and youtube-dl.exe that way.

DOWNLOAD SITES
    ffmpeg.exe = https://www.videohelp.com/software/ffmpeg
    youtube-dl.exe = https://rg3.github.io/youtube-dl/

mkvmerge.exe = https://www.fosshub.com/MKVToolNix.html
    (Download MKVToolNix Windows portable (32bit))
    NOTE - You only need the 'mkvmerge.exe' file from the portable 'MKVToolNix' 7-zip package.

Name:  Dropper_2-6.png
Views: 2554
Size:  3.6 KB Click image for larger version

Name:	Dropper_2-6_opts.png
Views:	168
Size:	12.1 KB
ID:	42815 Name:  Dropper_2-7_exopts.png
Views: 2559
Size:  6.3 KB

UPDATES HISTORY
    (v1.1) Added many new features.
    A program sub-folder for Downloads is now created & used.
    Dropbox GUI is enlarged in height a little, to accomodate a right-clicking section at top for menu.
    Right-click menu added, with several entries (including Paste a URL, Open the Downloads folder).
    Pause in the Batch files is now optional, plus a timed variant added.
    Users can add or modify command-line extras in 'Settings.ini' file for 'youtube-dl'.
    NOTE - By default in the 'Settings.ini' file, the Timed Pause delay is 10000 milliseconds (10 seconds).

(v1.2) Added an Update option for youtube-dl.exe.
    Bugfix for Timed option setting.
    Improved cleanup check & routine.
    Name fix for author.
    Improved the Inputbox for non SBS etc sites.

(v1.3) Added a Create Batch file only option and a Build Batch file option.
    The menu Exit option now bypasses the usual exit (cleanup query) checks.
    A manifest can be looked for and used if successfully found, and should allow downloading higher quality videos, if available.
    Added options to repackage resulting file to MP4 or MKV if desired.
    Added a Domain fix for those that might get affected by the 'Metered' version.
    Specifying download of Subtitle file is now a right-click option.
    Updated the Instructions in this file.
    NOTE - By default, the higher quality downloads for SBS etc are FLV. A right-click option allows you to repackage that to MKV or MP4.

(v1.4) Added a Video Converter Dropbox, for manual conversion of video files.
    Added an INI entry for the delay, the program waits before attempting to read dumped text.
    Support added for the interceptor file (ffmpeg_mimic.exe) for the Ripper.

(v1.5) Added a 'Minimize the Window' option to please some users. 'URLDown Dropper' window position on closing, is now saved & restored on restart. Added a program 'Restart' right-click option.

(v1.6) Added a 'Batch Mode' option, plus with the latest youtube-dl.exe update, 'Use the Video Manifest' option is no longer required (so should be deselected). Video conversion (repackaging) is now done by youtube-dl.exe commands, with an option to keep the original file. Added an option for converting subtitle files (if any) to a SRT subtitle file. A few minor changes to other things, including a bunch of extra parameters used with youtube-dl.exe, that can be edited in the 'Settings.ini' file. Added an option to reset program options to defaults. Two submenu entries added, with relevant options relocated to them. Major improvements to file naming. The program has been given the familial name of Targe (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Targe) (blame mce for that).

(v1.7) Added total count of downloads to do in Batch Mode process Dialog. Improvements added to naming for comma when matching, etc. Added a 'Sub-Folder Create Dropbox', that creates a sub-folder based on dropped file & name and relocates that file & close matching others to that new or existing folder. Improved the code for dealing with adding a duplicate URL in Batch Mode. Extra notifications added.

(v1.8) Added a parameter and desktop shortcut option, to start the 'Batch Mode' process automatically when the program starts. Added an 'Extra Options' sub-menu where the downloading of thumbnail and description files can be selected. In 'Batch Mode' there is now a timed dialog when started, where remaining free space on destination drive is shown. For each individual download, free drive space is checked before download commences, and if less than 1536 Mb's (1.5 Gb) the process will pause with a prompt. Bugfixes for file naming (removal of leading space & question mark).

(v1.9) Added a Log facility, with report of size & duration for every download. Several right-click options relocated. Bugfix for determining full title (sleep increased to 4500) and checked twice if need be. NOTE - 4500 = 4.5 seconds. If show name only is being returned, and not the Series/Episode then users can modify the 'Settings.ini' entry in the [Wait To Read Text Dumps] section, from 'delay=4500' to a bigger number (add 1000 to add another second, i.e. delay=5500).
    More naming bugfixes.
    Some of the DOS console windows are now minimized by default, with only the Splash shown.
    Added 'Create Sub-Folder' to 'Extra Options', which uses settings specified in 'Folder Options'.
    Shutdown Options added - if enabled, will only work if youtube-dl.exe and ffmpeg.exe are not running.
    NOTE - Log & Shutdown options only apply to Batch Mode. If a Shutdown option is used, then a Results.txt file will be shown on next program start. Except when using Hibernate or Standby, other running processes will be forcibly closed during a Shutdown.

(v2.0) Minor improvements and bugfixes, plus ongoing bugfix for obtaining full video title. A list of URLs on the clipboard can now be pasted (i.e. output from my GetSBS List program). Improved error reporting. Removal option added for Batch Mode, after an item is downloaded successfully. Destination folder is now an entry in the 'Settings.ini' file, which users can manually change. The Video Converter dropbox now accepts a VTT subtitle file, and converts it to SRT ... DFXP files not yet supported. Added an 'Open the program folder' option.

(v2.1) Major Bugfix for urls with spaces (i.e. SBS). Conversion of DFXP subtitle files to SRT, is now supported. Bugfix for length of the SBS video ID ... the minimum and maximum length can now also be specified in the 'Settings.ini' file ... even editing on-the-fly without restarting the Dropper.

(v2.2) Added two methods to create chapters in an MKV file. Use the Video Conversion Dropbox for the manual method. Both methods require the 'mkvmerge.exe' file and the 'Create Chapters (MKV)' option to be set in 'Extra Options'. Added support for ampersand to subtitle conversion dropbox code. Instructions have been updated.

(v2.3) Delayed how long a pasted URL shows in the drop zone, making it easier to see incomplete or wrong ones (wait value can be manually changed in INI file). Thus, an option 'Remove Last addition' was also added to 'Batch process' menu. For those who like to use a Ripper with the Dropper, I have added an ability to get the URL directly from the 'Show information' window (ffmpeg mimic no longer required).
    NOTE - With the 'Ripper', double left click an entry to get the 'Show information' window to appear. Then while holding down the CTRL key, either select the 'Paste URL(s)' menu entry on the Dropper, or better still, just simply left-click the red 'Right-Click HERE for Menu' text. If either option works, you should see the URL appear almost immediately in the drop zone.
    I had a rethink of the b-grade (to me) naming issue for a chapterized MKV file, and now the original file gets the text '_nochaps.mkv' appended instead, saving the user any fuss with subtitle file etc. NOTE - When the user is happy with the chapterized file, then they can simply delete the '_nochaps.mkv' version file.

(v2.4) Bugfix for subtitle file conversion using the Video Conversion Dropbox. Added a menu option to 'Delete original MKV file' after chapters created. Added a 'Subtitle Options' menu entry, with options to help with various conversion issues, etc. One new option is 'Add or Edit Replacements', where users can add their own replacements for undesirable text in Subtitle text. Another new option, is a check to make sure any subtitle file didn't fail to convert when required, making an additional attempt using Dropper code if it did fail. Added a space between entries in the Log.txt file to make easier checking. Various minor bugfixes or improvements.

(v2.5) FInally remembered to update the 'Restore program defaults' option. Several bugfixes & various improvements. 'Legacy Options' have been disabled, but can be re-enabled by changing 'use=6' to 'use=4' in the [Video Manifest] section of the 'Settings.ini' file. NOTE - Due to potential errors, it is NOT recommended that 'Legacy Options' be used. Wait time for mkvmerge to close has been doubled. Total of batch items is now also displayed at start of process. 'Add or Edit Title Replacements' option was added to 'Other Options'. Results dialog now displayed if BATCH process is stopped early, before completion. A major bugfix for BATCH process, where a listed item could be automatically deleted before downloading, if a cancellation occurred after a Free Drive Space query (value for success of the previous download wasn't being cleared). RECOMMENDED READING.

(v2.6) Folder Options menu entry moved up one. START BATCH (S) and BATCH LIST (L) buttons added to the GUI. Both these buttons have alternate options when using CTRL or SHIFT when clicked (see NOTES). The EXIT button now alternatively minimizes the GUI if CTRL is held down during clicking. A 'Colors' option has been added to 'Other Options', enabling colors to be set for GUI background, and the 'Right-click HERE for Menu' label. The 'Right-click HERE for Menu' label, now also acts as a PASTE URL button when clicked (in addition to its prior ability with the Ripper using CTRL). NOTES - The 'S' button, with CTRL held down while clicking, also acts as a PASTE URL button. With SHIFT held down, it will run the Conversion Dropbox. The 'L' button, with CTRL held down while clicking, opens the Downloads Folder, or with SHIFT held down, it opens the Log.txt file. I've Implemented my own version of Propercase, called Titlecase, which fixes a range of case issues, including some Roman Numerals, and text like DVD, etc. Two entries in the [Case Fix] section of the 'Settings.ini' file, allow the addition of other text to be maintained as uppercase (support for two & three letter words only ... i.e. CD, DVD). USAGE NOTES.

(v2.7) Bugfix. Added a 'Youtube-dl Parameters' option to 'Extra Options' for easy modification and/or checking via an input box. Changed the method of restoring default GUI color. Added a Proxy option for SBS in 'Extra Options'. USAGE NOTES.

(v2.8) Bugfix/Improvement for badly made DFXP subtitle file (allows quicker processing & gives timed error reports).

(v2.9) Added an option to add a dash between episode number and title (if any), using a Dropbox (see Other Options). Similar feature also added in 'Extra Options'.

(v3.0) Bugfix for conversion of DFXP files, where an undeclared variable existed due to copy & paste error. NOTE - This only impacted when a specific error occurred during conversion. Added an 'Abort Convert (on 10 errors)' option to 'Subtitle Options'. Made various improvements to code.
    IMPORTANT - The bug that has been fixed, crashed the program, so users should update.

(v3.1) Added ability for the Conversion Dropbox to add chapters to a source file, where the file name ends in '_nochaps.mkv'. NOTE - Perhaps original chapterizing failed and you want to attempt it again, but don't want to muck around restoring to the original filename, and deleting the failed (or partial) destination file. BUGFIX - For chapter points from 100 minutes onward.

(v3.2) Added ability for the forced use of the dump text code to get full SBS video titles. However, the program has also been modified to check an SBS URL to see if this process may be required anyway, so hopefully enabling the new 'Extra Options -> Use full query for SBS titles' option won't be necessary. NOTES - The dump text process to get full title is the same as that used for the other site downloads. GetSBS List provides URLs that don't need this new feature, which is only relevant to URLs taken from a web page.
    Program when downloading & minimized now displays number of completed downloads as a Toolbar tooltip.
    Added an option and ability to run pcspeak's 'YTDL-Search.cmd' and 'YTDL-Batch.cmd' files, as related to his latest comments here.

(v3.3) Added improvements to pcspeak's YTDL CMD file support. YTDL (August 30th 2017)

(v3.4) Added an option to create an MKV Preview file, that is taken from 10 equal 4 second portions of the source file, and includes first 4 seconds and last 4 seconds. How many portions (or segments) and how many seconds can be adjusted from those defaults, along with ignoring source files below a specified duration. At the default settings, only files with a duration of 2 minutes or more are processed, and a 40 second preview file is created. The preview file is MKV whether source is MP4 or MKV etc. See 'Extra Options' on the right-click menu of the Dropper, to gain access to enabling the 'Create MKV Preview file', plus settings and a manual dropbox method. Mkvmerge is required.

(v3.5) Bugfix for Preview option, due to a simple flaw in my maths ... didn't think to change one value.

(v3.6) Download title now shown on Continue query prompt, when remaining drive space is low. That Query is now also YES/NO/CANCEL rather than OK/CANCEL, so that Abort ALL needs less clicking, or skipping to next download is more obvious. Downloading using the BATCH Process, can now be paused if a single line in the download list contains just the word 'pause' (no quotes or other text). From that paused state, user can elect to continue or abort further downloading. NOTE - Adding another URL will wipe more than one instance of a 'pause', due to the remove duplicates process, so only add them in when ready to start downloading. Visual improvement to program exit. Further checks to minimize program GUI during checking to download processes. Text improvements to some splash screens.

(v3.7) Bugfix for incorrect instance of 60, which should have been 59, which stopped a preview file being created in some instances. Added a Batch List Dropbox feature for creating preview files.

(v3.8) Remaining free download drive space shown on program's About dialog. 'One Item at a time' option added to 'Batch Options', to enable just downloading the first item on download list. Added the missing options to the 'Restore program defaults' process. Decided on a whim to change 'TARGE!' to 'TARGET'. NOTE - 'S' button is changed to 'O' button when 'One Item at a time' is enabled. Some 'Batch Process' options positions were re-arranged.

(v3.9) Added batch options for all the dropboxes without (except 'Add A Dash'). Relocated all dropboxes to a right-click 'Dropboxes' menu, for easier use and access, etc. NOTE - You are now only prompted to run a batch list process, if the list is not empty, and the list is displayed first as well. Count of Batch List Downloads is now shown on the program About dialog. The 'pause' option implemented in v3.6 has been improved to overcome the issue mentioned in that version, by supporting unique text after the word 'pause' (i.e. pause1 or pause2 etc), which makes redundant the limits mentioned previously (except the word 'pause' must always come first on a line, not quoted). On Top settings can now be specified (in the 'Extra Options' menu) for Splash Screens, Message Boxes and the DOS Console window. NOTE - Some on top defaults have been changed, and Splash Screens can now be set to not show at all in many instances, plus 'Downloading' and 'Converting Video' splash screens have been added. IMPORTANT - If splash screens are not shown and DOS Console is not set On Top, then there is very little indication of activity ... though the DOS Console is only minimized and can be restored from the taskbar icon to see the current process.

(v4.0) Added an option in 'Extra Options' for 'youTube URL Parameters', to help with downloading youTube videos using the Dropper. It includes an input box field for users to modify the default specified, to better meet their own requirements (see youtube-dl.exe commands). Also added a checkbox to the 'Preview Settings' window, to reduce the total seconds of a video by one, to help avoid the odd error, where the last segment may be skipped. That option is enabled by default.
    NOTE - 'Use youTube URL Parameters' is not enabled by default, but if enabled, they are only used when a youTube URL is detected.

(v4.1) Changed the way the program deals with non 'SBS etc' URLs. Now the user is prompted when adding such a URL, for the video title (resulting filename). Previously the user was queried for the title during any Batch Process, before downloading, which meant the process was held up until a response was given. Now the program queries early on (when added) and each title is stored in the batch list, on the right of the URL, separated by a pipe '|' character. Support also added for 'https://youtu.be/'.
    NOTE - Up until recently, I have mainly been focused on SBS etc video downloads, and so did not devote much thought to other video sources.

(v4.2) An alternate title can now be used for SBS etc videos, by manually editing the entry in the Batch List. Basically, you place a '|' pipe character after the relevant URL, on the same line in the Batch list, then type or paste the alternate title on the same line after that. This can be used to get around naming conflicts, where perhaps a unique name doesn't get returned during a title query. This is very similar to the feature added last version for non SBS etc URLs, but requires manual editing in this instance. If the URLDown Dropper finds an alternate name when processing the Batch List, it will use that instead of doing a query. WARNING - Be sure to make any such title unique enough. EXAMPLE.

(v4.3) Implemented a two method fix for a destination file name & path that is too long. The first method targets some videos specifically, ensuring the sub-folder is just a short name. The second method, upon finding the full destination path plus extras exceeds 255 characters, will create a sub-folder name based on first 10 characters of original title, plus date & time text. It also creates a file called Placebo.txt in the destination folder, that contains the full original title. Note – If first method is used, second isn't required, so not used.

(v4.4) (NO LONGER AVAILABLE) A SPECIAL VERSION of the program, requiring a 3rd party program (xxx.xxxxx.streamgen.zip) developed by ryley (a member of Whirlpool Forums). This additional program, is only required for a problem site's videos, until youtube-dl.exe is fixed to support the new format used by that site. With this version, thumbnail files, subtitle files and summary files are not downloaded for the videos, and at times the video title will be different to how it would have been previously. By default, this new PY download method, is not enabled. So if you wish to get these videos, while unsupported as is by youtube-dl.exe, then go to the 'Other Options' menu and enable the first entry at top (Use the PY download method). The youtube-dl.exe program is still required for the downloading, but the python program (xxx.xxxxx.exe) gets the necessary manifest data for it, in place of it doing so itself. The xxx.xxxxx.exe program and all dependency files that come with it, need to be in the XXXpy subfolder of the URLDown Dropper folder. SEE HERE for more information. And now another alternate option HERE.

(v4.5) Added improvements to better support a Video Title that is specified outside the URL. This can be seen in the Batch List, as any text following a pipe character '|' which comes after the URL. It is also now supported for URLs when not in Batch Mode, in particular when using my new TheViewer program to get the URL to pass to URLDown Dropper. The Video Title if specified, takes precedence over any title found in the URL.
    An example is URL|Video Title
    This means, that you can now add an SBS etc URL to the Dropper (in Batch Mode), that doesn't contain any Video Title, provided you then modify the Batch List entry to include a title (after a pipe after the URL). WARNING - You cannot use it when Batch Mode is off, unless the pipe and video title are included in the added (pasted) URL string. TheViewer will export the URL in that correct state. IMPORTANT - For the TheViewer export to work with the Dropper, you need to deselect 'Use the PY download method' as mentioned in the last Dropper update (if enabled), and then download and use the version of youtube-dl.exe by ryley, which is required. https://ryleyangus.com/youtube-dl.zip NO LONGER AVAILABLE. Links to further information & use can be found here.

HELPFUL - If you highlight the text in the address bar of your browser (only tested Firefox), you can actually drag that into the Dropper.

IMPORTANT - Don't ever run an old version of my programs in a folder where a newer version has been run, as some versions update older settings (once only) and cannot tell if a reversion has occurred.

ADVICE - Latest youtube-dl.exe update is now getting the higher quality streams for one site previously low quality. So my earlier work-around can be de-selected (see Legacy Options), which occurs on first use of the v1.6 update.

URLDown Dropper v4.5.zip (753.4 KB, 97 views) REDUNDANT so REMOVED
    Last edited by Tombs; 31st May 2018 at 02:57. Reason: Updates
    Quote Quote  
  23. Member
    Search Comp PM
    URLDown Dropper updated to v1.1. See previous post.
    Quote Quote  
  24. Member
    Search Comp PM
    URLDown Dropper updated to v1.2. See prior to previous post.
    Quote Quote  
  25. Member
    Search Comp PM
    URLDown Dropper updated to v1.3. See 3 posts up. Great improvements. New screenshot added.
    Quote Quote  
  26. Member
    Search Comp PM
    For Specific Ripper Users Only Now OBSOLETE.

Ffmpeg Mimic v1.0 is to be used with both a Ripper and URLDown Dropper v1.4.

NOTE - You can avoid using Ffmpeg Mimic now with the Ripper from v2.3 or later of the URLDown Dropper. See the instructions for that version.

Information & Instructions
    ffmpeg_mimic.exe is a replacemnent of sorts for ffmpeg_32bit.exe or ffmpeg_64bit.exe.

It doesn't do the job of ffmpeg, but it acts as a pretend ffmpeg for the Ripper so that it can capture the command-line string that would normally be sent to ffmpeg_32bit.exe or ffmpeg_64bit.exe.

This string is placed on the clipboard, for use with my URLDown Dropper program, and so allows the Ripper to still be used as a browser for video listings, but with the added benefit of downloading the new HD file versions (if available). Thus it gives some extended life to the Ripper.

WARNING - This is very experimental and may not always work as hoped ... lots of variables to consider.

SETUP
    1. Go to the Ripper program folder.
    2. If you normally use ffmpeg_32bit.exe, then create a folder there called - ffmpeg_32bit
    or
    2. If you normally use ffmpeg_64bit.exe, then create a folder there called - ffmpeg_64bit
    NOTE - I am unable to test the 64 bit version arrangement, so no guarantee it will work, as ffmpeg_mimic.exe has not been compiled as 64 bit.
    3. Relocate (move) ffmpeg_32bit.exe or ffmpeg_64bit.exe to that same name folder.
    4. Place ffmpeg_mimic.exe in the Ripper program folder.
    5. Rename 'ffmpeg_mimic.exe' to the version of ffmpeg you relocated (i.e. ffmpeg_32bit.exe).

USAGE
    1. Browse the Ripper for a video entry you want to get.
    2. Click the usual button 'DOWNLOAD SELECTED'.
    3. Shortly thereafter a splash screen should momentarily appear, saying URL has copied to clipboard.
    4. CANCEL the Ripper downloader which also started (otherwise it will just hang there forever waiting for a response it will never get).
    5. Start (run) the 'URLDown Dropper' program (if not already running).
    NOTE - To attempt to get the HD version files, make sure 'Use the Video Manifest' right-click option is enabled in 'URLDown Dropper'.
    6. Paste the URL (weblink) from the clipboard into 'URLDown Dropper'.
    7. 'URLDown Dropper' should immediately start assessing it, and with any luck shortly start to download the video you wanted ... hopefully the HD version.

IMPORTANT
    While this setup is in place, you will not actually be able to download videos with the Ripper. To do so again, just reverse the SETUP steps above, renaming the relevant pretend ffmpeg executable file back to 'ffmpeg_mimic.exe' first.
    ADVICE - I recommend deselecting the Download Subtitle option, in the Ripper settings, while using 'ffmpeg_mimic'.

Enjoy!
    Last edited by Tombs; 31st Dec 2017 at 10:48.
    Quote Quote  
  27. Member
    Search Comp PM
    URLDown Dropper updated to v1.4. See Post #52.
    Quote Quote  
  28. Member
    Search Comp PM
    URLDown Dropper updated to v1.5. See Post #52.
    Quote Quote  
  29. Member
    Search Comp PM
    AdobeHDS GUI, has been updated to v4.7 at Post #1. See details at Post #2.

NOTE - This is perhaps my final version, as there are other programs now, that are simpler and perhaps better to use (i.e. youtube-dl.exe). See previous posts in this topic for some of my other related/alternative programs.
    Quote Quote  
  30. Member
    Search Comp PM
    SBS YouTube-DL GUI updated to v1.2. See Post #39.

Finally added a few things. New screenshots. GUI is significantly shorter in height too.
    Last edited by Tombs; 5th Jul 2017 at 15:00.
    Quote Quote