VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 23 of 27
FirstFirst ... 13 21 22 23 24 25 ... LastLast
Thread
  1. Originally Posted by racer-x View Post
    What happens if you load the Flare Project file (in the above zip I posted) and try to render it out. Is it still all black frames?
    I played around with it. I turned off the FLARE object and removed 1 Flare text layer. It gets me what I need (have some blurring to do but it is just about what i was looking for).

Strangely enough when i remove the FLARE OBJECT from the Adv. Editing section, I get a DLL missing error when trying to export.

Click image for larger version

Name:	flaretest.gif
Views:	283
Size:	305.7 KB
ID:	40183
    *short cropped version for filesize
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    So I tried exporting with Avd. x264 Export(GUI) Ex. It exported audio, but just a black screen for video. Does anyone have any idea? I really just want to finish this thing, and this is frusterating. I can find 0 solutions online.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Originally Posted by partial View Post
    So I tried exporting with Avd. x264 Export(GUI) Ex. It exported audio, but just a black screen for video. Does anyone have any idea? I really just want to finish this thing, and this is frusterating. I can find 0 solutions online.
    Post your log file

Did it export the correct duration and specifications otherwise ? What does mediainfo say about the export ?

Try exporting out AVI just for a short test to see if it works, or if it's "black" etc... (limit a range , say 0-30 frames)

Have you ruled out a playback problem ? try another media player eg. vlc , potplayer, mpchc, smplayer etc...
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by poisondeathray View Post
    Originally Posted by partial View Post
    Post your log file

Did it export the correct duration and specifications otherwise ? What does mediainfo say about the export ?

Try exporting out AVI just for a short test to see if it works, or if it's "black" etc... (limit a range , say 0-30 frames)

Have you ruled out a playback problem ? try another media player eg. vlc , potplayer, mpchc, smplayer etc...
    I am not the smartest with computers. Where do I find the log file?
    AVI exports fine now, but my problem is the file size. I can't do much with such a big file and because I am so new to video editing I know next to nothing about codecs or compression/ect.

I have not tried another media player. Will try one soon.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Originally Posted by partial View Post
    You find 0 solution because you didn't pay attention to error message, did not think logically, and have no clue what to look for.

please screen-capture your work flow (be it a series of static image or video) and show to us.

Besides x264, you can also try ffmpeg-out
    Last edited by MaverickTse; 7th Jan 2017 at 23:40.
    Stopping development until someone save me from poverty or get me out of Hong Kong...
    Twitter @MaverickTse
    Quote Quote  
  6. BuildBot Asking for Test

The build-bot seems working now:
    https://build.mavtse.com/

You may download FFmpeg, L-Smash, L-Smash Works plugins (AviUtl+VapourSynth) and some others over there.
    Use magnet links, need a bittorent client.
    Last edited by MaverickTse; 13th Jan 2017 at 06:28.
    Stopping development until someone save me from poverty or get me out of Hong Kong...
    Twitter @MaverickTse
    Quote Quote  
  7. Asking for Feedback on the Installer

The Installer have been released more than a year, and I would like to know the following:

1) Would you prefer a bilingual installer as of now or the old way of packing everything into one super-pack?
    2) Do you ever manually select installation type/components in the installer?
    3) Do you mind using 32bit FFmpeg/x264 on a 64bit OS? (Win7 and later are all 64bit in 99% of case)
    4) What to do with winXP? Anyone still using AviUtl on WinXP?

With my old HDD gone losing all dev files, I have to decide if I should salvage my old installer code from github and reconstruct everything. If users are not taking advantage of installer features, I may go back to the super-pack way and distribute via bittorrent.
    Twitter @MaverickTse
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    1) I prefer the old way with everything packed into a 7zip file.
    2) I don't use the installer
    3) I don't mind 32-bit when 64-bit is not available.
    4) I'm 100% Linux now, but I use Aviutl under wine or VM with Win7.
    Got my retirement plans all set. Looks like I only have to work another 5 years after I die........
    Quote Quote  
  9. Hi everyone, I'm new here. I wonder if I can save one frame to png picture? I found these options in animation effect, but I can't figure out how it works. Much thanks!

Name:	1.jpg
Views:	328
Size:	100.7 KB
ID:	40334

Name:	2.jpg
Views:	287
Size:	55.3 KB
ID:	40335
    Quote Quote  
  10. Originally Posted by SassyCandy View Post
    Hi everyone, I'm new here. I wonder if I can save one frame to png picture? I found these options in animation effect, but I can't figure out how it works. Much
    Hi , welcome to the forum

I would use the ffmpeg export plugin. There is a preset for a png sequence

First mark in/ out the sequence you want, so if it's just one specific frame, mark it. (the in/out shortcut keys are "[" and "]" , or you can use edit => set selection, or push the in/out buttons in the preview ). File => Export with plugin => ffmpeg . If you push the video encoding button, options dialog box will pop up. In the profile menu you can select png sequence
    Quote Quote  
  11. Great! Thanks, it works, xD. Still I'm confused about how the "@SavePNG" options work though.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    A looping animation I made in Aviutl.
    Image Attached Files
    Got my retirement plans all set. Looks like I only have to work another 5 years after I die........
    Quote Quote  
  13. Originally Posted by SassyCandy View Post
    Great! Thanks, it works, xD. Still I'm confused about how the "@SavePNG" options work though.
    That "@SavePNG" is confusing as it is intended for script writers, not for typical end-users.

If you want to save a particular object as PNG, for instants, you made a texture using "Noise" and "Mask" and want to save it, use the attached file. Dump both anm and dll into the same folder inside /Script

you can also find this file on my blog:
    https://www.mavtse.com/wordpress/archives/891
    and search for "png" in the first table
    Image Attached Files
    Twitter @MaverickTse
    Quote Quote  
  14. An apology and Installer update(server-side)

While I made the installer, I actually update the x264, x265, l-smash, L-SMASH Works and FFmpeg RARELY... really sorry about that as that defeat the purpose of installer.

For the past few weeks, I have been looking for solutions to automating the file updates on the installation server, and FINALLY found one very suitable for the job: PowerShell

yup, PowerShell. Not Perl Not Python Not NodeJS.

While it still takes time to prove the solution works, you will likely find the installer getting different 3rd-party binaries each month, specifically:
    On 1st each month: rebuild L-SMASH and L-SMASH Works (the built files are also available on build.mavtse.com as torrents)
    For day 10~15 each month:
    - Update FFmpeg(Zeranoe), x264kmod, x265-icc, mkvmerge
    - Rebuild x264GuiEx (Japanese version only, No preset profiles included)
    - Push LS and LSW into installation server

If anyone want to know how to use PowerShell Script to pull all those files on the web, I can share the scripts if you ask.
    (In theory, the powershell scripts can be used with Appveyor and gather everything on github...)

If anyone know any good way to auto-translate that x26XGuiEx, plz contact me, otherwise I can't update the English version(I don't want spending 3 days to translate each time rigaya make a release)
    Twitter @MaverickTse
    Quote Quote  
  15. Recent L-SMASH works supports hardware-acceleration

details:
    https://www.mavtse.com/wordpress/archives/2607

I deliberately waited a year before posting this, as early implementation was known to be too buggy.
    Twitter @MaverickTse
    Quote Quote  
  16. Heya MaverickTse,

I'm trying to remove commercials from some MKV videos with AviUtl. However, these files have multiple audio tracks. What would be the most efficient way to trim them while keeping the audio tracks intact?

Thanks!
    Quote Quote  
  17. Originally Posted by TheFireRed View Post
    Heya MaverickTse,

I'm trying to remove commercials from some MKV videos with AviUtl. However, these files have multiple audio tracks. What would be the most efficient way to trim them while keeping the audio tracks intact?

Thanks!
    demux the MKV, process only the video, export, than manually remux everything together
    Twitter @MaverickTse
    Quote Quote  
  18. I'm trying to make a moving galaxy with perspective changing from left to right when moving the same way.
    I added an image, the square is the image, the perspectives under that are the shapes I am going for and the grey square inside those are the area of my movie.

I cannot find any Skew or perspective shape tool though. Only X, Y, Z as a whole. Is there anything like that (must be).

I'm going to use the midpoints to move the galaxy from left to right (x coordinates), changing the shape according to the skewed image behind the grey square.

Thank you.

EDIT: Shoot, that was easier than expected. I had to select advanced drawing
    Image Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Untitled-1.jpg
Views:	171
Size:	33.5 KB
ID:	41535  

Last edited by kimmyk; 8th May 2017 at 03:42.
    Quote Quote  
  19. you can but,... don't put too many objects into Adv. Drawing mode.
    AviUtl is really slow when it comes to 3D objects. Use with moderation.
    Twitter @MaverickTse
    Quote Quote  
  20. Originally Posted by MaverickTse View Post
    you can but,... don't put too many objects into Adv. Drawing mode.
    AviUtl is really slow when it comes to 3D objects. Use with moderation.
    Thanks, it went fine

Luckily I have more questions

I have a video with smoke from a cup, but that smoke video is going too fast. Is the only way to make that part slowmotion the vPlay feature? That doesn't really work well.
    If it is i will recode that with windows video maker and import again, but if it is possible within AviUTL i prefer that route.

Thnx
    Quote Quote  
  21. Originally Posted by kimmyk View Post

I have a video with smoke from a cup, but that smoke video is going too fast. Is the only way to make that part slowmotion the vPlay feature? That doesn't really work well.
    If it is i will recode that with windows video maker and import again, but if it is possible within AviUTL i prefer that route.

You probably want to use "optical flow" . Aviutl can't do it, neither can windows movie maker

Instead of just duplicate frames, or blended frames, you generate new motion interpolated "inbetween" frames . In generally produces smoother results. On some types of content it works very well. Smoke usually works ok

Free ways are avisynth (mvtools2 derivatives) , slomovideo, vdub msu frc
    Quote Quote  
  22. eg.

random smoke / coffee cup video
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GVxJTMyUwl0

This is a 4x slowdown comparing blended frames, duplicate frames, optical flow (using mvtools2) , cut to 1 min

"Steaming Coffee.mp4" is the original vid, downloaded from youtube

The blends look ok in some parts, but if you step though it frame by frame, the optical flow result is much cleaner, almost like "real" frames
    Image Attached Files
    Quote Quote  
  23. Thanks, I'll try with slomovideo
    Quote Quote  
  24. Soleil Lune Rosseau
    Search Comp PM
    Hello everyone

I'm a total newbie here in AviUtl stuff... and after reading ALL this thread, ALL the Tutorial thread, and checking ALL Mav's blog... I only have some questions:

My goal is to make videos like these:
    A. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c2fBByTu5jY
    B. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wIELFsMACX0
    C. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DPJtr-6j0Vc

1. Is it possible making vids like those with the English version of the sw... or those effects/scripts are only available to japanese version?

2. Let's focus on video C.
    How to make those motion graphics? I mean, I'd like to make the effect of the two squares that appear in the beginning of the video. Like a line following a path to make a shape... and then that shape fills with something. I've read both threads and didn't find any clue to make that... unless with the motion tracking, but I'm still in doubt about the line.

Then, at 0:07 we can see some kind of huge gears(?) rotating. Is that a custom shape... or it can be generated in AviUtl? How to make it rotate like a loop?

At 0:20 we can see a kind of HUD. I suposse that object is made with individual shapes (with rotating moves) and then grouped together... but, how to make that 3D wiew effect? The camera function can do that?
    And, that "glitch" effect. How to make it?

At 0:22 the HUD-like thing seems to exploit and then reverse. Is it necessary to render the part of explosion and then load it in the project to make the reverse effect, or it isn't?

At 0:32 we can se another HUD-like shape generated "from scratch". Again, is that made with individual shapes from out sources or can be made with AviUtl only?

3. Now lets focus on video A.
    At 1:06 appears another HUD-like shape with move. The "textbox" appears with lines following a "path" to make the shape. Is that made with AviUtl or is a resource made in After Effect exported with Alpha Channel and then loaded to AviUtl?

At 1:16, the same. I'm interested in that "motion lines" effect. Can be made with AviUtl only?

4. In vide B I'm interested in these effects.
    1:04 explosion stopped.
    1:52 all this part. The 3D view.

5. AviUtl has a emitter function? The emitter can be customized in shape, gravity, speed, etc? The emitter effect can be reversed to form a final shape?

6. How many years will take to learn how to make that kind of videos?

In resume: my goal is to "recreate" this video https://youtu.be/HNcnkIaEr5A with my own elements. Not necessary to be 100% exact, but I would like to reach the most similar visual effects possible. Can be made it in AviUtl or I start to learn After Effects?

I apologyze for the long post. I've not installed the software yet... I just want to be sure that those effects can be made in the English version of AviUtl, because it seems to be a powerfull tool to be free, and I'm interested on learn to handle it.

And sorry for my bad English. I'm a native spanish-speaker (from Ecuador).

Thanks in advance.
    Last edited by Gisselle_145; 13th Jun 2017 at 12:37.
    Quote Quote  
  25. Originally Posted by Gisselle_145 View Post
    Hello everyone

I'm a total newbie here in AviUtl stuff... and after reading ALL this thread, ALL the Tutorial thread, and checking ALL Mav's blog... I only have some questions:

My goal is to make videos like these:
    A. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c2fBByTu5jY
    B. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wIELFsMACX0
    C. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DPJtr-6j0Vc
    I only looked at "C" so far, but most of that is layers and nested compositions into the "root" scene. You have to put your mindset into combining simple individual layers to create more complex motion graphics

1. Is it possible making vids like those with the English version of the sw... or those effects/scripts are only available to japanese version?
    Yes english version . It also has scripting, but you don't need it for this

2. Let's focus on video C.
    How to make those motion graphics? I mean, I'd like to make the effect of the two squares that appear in the beginning of the video. Like a line following a path to make a shape... and then that shape fills with something. I've read both threads and didn't find any clue to make that... unless with the motion tracking, but I'm still in doubt about the line.
    For example, use tracking line to animate the outline of the border "box" in scene 1. Within scene 1 you can put layers (ie. stuff inside the box). Nest Scene 1 into the Root scene to animated as a layer (moving the boxes, so they move together)

Then, at 0:07 we can see some kind of huge gears(?) rotating. Is that a custom shape... or it can be generated in AviUtl? How to make it rotate like a loop?
    Either; you can import a graphic or assets, or it's possible in aviutl too. You can animate the rotation and x,y,z traslation parameters of any layer

custom object => polygon you can create simple base shapes. There is a repeater fuction in the settings. You can combine multiple layers and instances to create complex shapes and patterns from simple ones . You can group them together or nest them in a separate scene to make them "stick" together . It doesn't have to be a "circle" you can make a line with notches and use one of the bend deformers in the effects

At 0:20 we can see a kind of HUD. I suposse that object is made with individual shapes (with rotating moves) and then grouped together... but, how to make that 3D wiew effect? The camera function can do that?
    Yes, again a bunch of simple shapes and layers combined together

When you use adv drawing on a layer and/or animate with camera controls you can simulate 2d layers in 3d space with x,y,z . Maverick should have a tutorial on this . The individual layers are offset and staggered in z-space, that gives it "depth" or the appearance of thickness. But they are really "flat" 2d layers.

And, that "glitch" effect. How to make it?
    It looks like alternating displaced strips with the orginal. For example TA-HScroll can be used alternating to create the base "glitch" strips . There are probably dozens of other ways. There might be an effect that does exactly that. Look under animation effect there are dozens/hundreds there

At 0:22 the HUD-like thing seems to exploit and then reverse. Is it necessary to render the part of explosion and then load it in the project to make the reverse effect, or it isn't?
    Depends on what effect or combination .

Keyframes can be set to control some types of animation forward or reverse ("midpoints" in aviutl)

But you can also use a time control object to control specified layer timing

And as you mentioned you can render & reimport as another option. Sometimes this is the preferred option if you want to reuse elements, or if some stacked effects are very slow to render

At 0:32 we can se another HUD-like shape generated "from scratch". Again, is that made with individual shapes from out sources or can be made with AviUtl only?
    It looks like it can be. Just combine simple layer animations

I'll take a look at the other videos later
    Quote Quote  
  26. 3. Now lets focus on video A.
    At 1:06 appears another HUD-like shape with move. The "textbox" appears with lines following a "path" to make the shape. Is that made with AviUtl or is a resource made in After Effect exported with Alpha Channel and then loaded to AviUtl?
    Can be done in aviutl, same as above with tracking line .

Alternatively, these can be done with a mask reveal animation. There are some tutorials and examples posted of this concept

At 1:16, the same. I'm interested in that "motion lines" effect. Can be made with AviUtl only?
    Same, any of the line effects can be done with mask reveals and trackine line . The ones that go in or out of z-axis (towards/away from camera) can be done with focus line . You can offset instances.

4. In vide B I'm interested in these effects.
    1:04 explosion stopped.
    The effect itself can be made from one of the shatter effects (1,2,3)

For the timing, it's mentioned above, control timing with either midpoints, time control object, or export/import and retime

1:52 all this part. The 3D view.
    Not sure about this one.

But it might be one of the polygon repeater mentioned earlier. The 3D can be done with either camera animation or advanced drawing (animating the layer) . I'll play with it later and see if I can do it

But organic geometric pattern animations like that (and more fancy ones) are usually done with "trapcode form" in AE

But this one looked "simple" , so I suspect it's possible in aviutl

5. AviUtl has a emitter function? The emitter can be customized in shape, gravity, speed, etc? The emitter effect can be reversed to form a final shape?
    Yes, it has particle functions with controls like you mentioned. But forming a final shape is more "trickery" and workaround compositing, not part of the plugin

6. How many years will take to learn how to make that kind of videos?
    Depends on the person...

In resume: my goal is to "recreate" this video https://youtu.be/HNcnkIaEr5A with my own elements. Not necessary to be 100% exact, but I would like to reach the most similar visual effects possible. Can be made it in AviUtl or I start to learn After Effects?
    I looked at quickly only but it should be possible in aviutl . But not necessarily some things like the creation of assets like characters.

AE is definitely more powerful, but not free, and many of the commonly used things are actually 3rd party paid plugins and scripts. But AE has a gazillion (English and other language, even Spanish) tutorials. Very large user base and resources available. There are tens of thousands of premade assets and paid projects you can download from videohive. For example, thousands of different types of HUD displays where you can combine and customize (it saves you lots of time , rather creating from scratch)
    Quote Quote  
  27. Soleil Lune Rosseau
    Search Comp PM
    @poisondeathray

Thanks a lot for the response.

Well, precisely for being free I'm interested in this software. Sadly (or luckly?) this is the only place where I've found the most of information in English. I would like to "spread" the sw to spanish-speakers internet users, 'cause there's absolutely zero info in my language. Nobody knows AviUtl on this side, and this program is a very good alternative to WMM or even Vegas. Or as I call it "a lite and free version of AE".

So, I guess I'll have to try the sw and check if the learning curve it's not so long... maybe will take years to make the video I want to.

Another question: AviUtl demands too much requeriments? I mean, I have an old i3 3.4gHz, 8GB RAM, 1.5TB HDD and Win7 Professional x64. My OpenGL is disabled (dunno why) and I can't activate even when I updated my graphic driver. How much time will take to render a video of 4 min in 720p? (I mean, like the video I showed).
    Quote Quote  
  28. Originally Posted by Gisselle_145 View Post
    So, I guess I'll have to try the sw and check if the learning curve it's not so long... maybe will take years to make the video I want to.
    It' s not too bad once you get the hang of it. But it is "quirky" software. It's definitely not as polished as an AE, or vegas or commercial GUI. A lot of it is figuring out what effects and custom objects are available. They are not categorized very well, sort of all over the place.

Another question: AviUtl demands too much requeriments? I mean, I have an old i3 3.4gHz, 8GB RAM, 1.5TB HDD and Win7 Professional x64. My OpenGL is disabled (dunno why) and I can't activate even when I updated my graphic driver. How much time will take to render a video of 4 min in 720p? (I mean, like the video I showed).
    No it's very lightweight compared to something like AE

Render time should be the very least of your concerns. Planning your project, figuring out aviutl interface, and doing the actual project will take much much longer.
    Quote Quote  
  29. Originally Posted by Gisselle_145 View Post
    @poisondeathray

Thanks a lot for the response.

Well, precisely for being free I'm interested in this software. Sadly (or luckly?) this is the only place where I've found the most of information in English. I would like to "spread" the sw to spanish-speakers internet users, 'cause there's absolutely zero info in my language. Nobody knows AviUtl on this side, and this program is a very good alternative to WMM or even Vegas. Or as I call it "a lite and free version of AE".

1> I localized this software only around 3~4 years ago so still it is unknown to a lot of people; Personally I know English, Japanese and Chinese only so I can't help with other language, but you are welcome to translate and paraphrase any guide on my blog.
    Another problem is that few Japanese devs cares about non-Japanese user, and few to none devs outside Japan works on it (as least no one contact me).

2> Requirements: The vanilla AviUtl only requires SSE capable CPU, BUT note that:
    >> some plugins requires AVX, CUDA or being very heavy (OpenGL is NOT used except for waifu2x as i know)
    >> it is 32bit app so having more than 8GB RAM would not help, but less than 4GB RAM would often runs into memory exhaustion
    >> Render performance largely depends on the CPU, as few operations run on the GPU

Due to the 32bit nature, memory problems and somewhat unfriendly UI, there has been talks on making a 64bit version or working on a new somewhat-compatible ware, but it seems no one want to work on it for free (or don't have enough skills, including me), and since AviUtl is not Open-source, its future is uncertain.
    Twitter @MaverickTse
    Quote Quote  
  30. Soleil Lune Rosseau
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by MaverickTse View Post
    1> I localized this software only around 3~4 years ago so still it is unknown to a lot of people; Personally I know English, Japanese and Chinese only so I can't help with other language, but you are welcome to translate and paraphrase any guide on my blog.
    Another problem is that few Japanese devs cares about non-Japanese user, and few to none devs outside Japan works on it (as least no one contact me).

Due to the 32bit nature, memory problems and somewhat unfriendly UI, there has been talks on making a 64bit version or working on a new somewhat-compatible ware, but it seems no one want to work on it for free (or don't have enough skills, including me), and since AviUtl is not Open-source, its future is uncertain.
    I see. Well, I'll try the sw. Any problem I have I'll report on this thread. If everything goes fine, maybe I'll call attention of people near by me and maybe someone else gets interested in AviUtl too. I have a friend who knows japanese, just a little (he's working with me in the video I want to make). He said he could help me with the japanese tutorials of the sw. If we can aport in something, we'll do it.

Thanks for all.
    Quote Quote  
Visit our sponsor! Try DVDFab and backup Blu-rays!