VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hiya my friends, I'm trying the DVD Architect PRO 5.2 version (just to know if it's what I need to Author Blu-ray disks)... but I ever get an error:

1. I've created new Blu-ray project.

2. Added a Menu with a 1920x1080 video as Background (i've tried with MPEG-2 TS (.ts) Video and with a MPEG-2 TS (.ts) video too). I'v to select the audio from it's own file in order to have the video's audio in the menu.

3. I've checked Optimize project and it told me that the video and audio has to be re-compressed because is not compatible.

4. And then i go to burn/prepare disk, and it does so well, and i get a Blu-ray iso file ready to burn (or a Blu-ray already burnt) but just with an standalone menu.

Then I add a media file:

5. added a 5gb aprox. 1920x1080 video (i've tried with MPEG-2 TS (.ts) Video and with a MPEG-2 TS (.ts) video too). I'v to select the audio from it's own file in order to ear the audio.

6. I've checked Optimize project and it told me that the video and audio FOR THE MENU has to be re-compressed because is not compatible. But the audio and the video for the video file is not needed to be re-compressed because it's compatible (with green check arrows)

7. And then i go to burn/prepare disk, and it crashes in a while saying me this error: "Error writing file - Cannot determine error" (in spanish: error escribiendo un archivo - no se puede determinar el error"

n1 here can help with this? Thanks!!!
    Quote Quote  
  2. BTW I'm getting crazy this .TS file I'v recorded from a Sattelite provider... The video is MPEG-2 TS 1920x1080 25fps , with 6 channel AC3 audio, all mixed in just one 6 GB .TS file

I want to use Sony DVD Architech or something similar, but I having some problems (posted up here). But what i want to know is what kind of file have i to had in order to create a blu-ray without converting, compressing, etc. in the authoring software.

has it to be: h.264 Tansport Stream .TS OR mpeg2 Transport Stream .TS OR mpeg2 M2TS .m2ts ?¿ Thnx in advance!

BTW: i would like to use PS3 as blu-ray player!
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    TS is not compatible with a Blu-Ray or "AVCHD" disc although some Blu-Ray players will directly play a TS file.

I find it best to render compatible assets in Vegas before import to DVDA. Blu-Ray discs require MPeg2, h.264 or VC-1 as elementary streams and these will be processed into a multiplexed BDMV structure by DVDA.

Originally Posted by dabezt View Post
    BTW I'm getting crazy this .TS file I'v recorded from a Sattelite provider... The video is MPEG-2 TS 1920x1080 25fps , with 6 channel AC3 audio, all mixed in just one 6 GB .TS file

I want to use Sony DVD Architech or something similar, but I having some problems (posted up here). But what i want to know is what kind of file have i to had in order to create a blu-ray without converting, compressing, etc. in the authoring software.

has it to be: h.264 Tansport Stream .TS OR mpeg2 Transport Stream .TS OR mpeg2 M2TS .m2ts ?¿ Thnx in advance!

The MPeg2 TS file needs to be demultiplexed into MPeg2 video and AC3 elementary streams before import into DVDA. DVDA should accept them as valid then will remultiplex into a BDMV structure.

A good alternative to DVDA is MultiAVCHD which can make a PS3 compatible "AVCHD" disc with limited menus. MultiAVCHD handles all the steps from a TS source. The resulting BDMV structure can be burned to DVDR or BD media.
    http://multiavchd.deanbg.com/tutorial.php
    Last edited by edDV; 25th Apr 2011 at 11:54.
    Recommends: Kiva.org - Loans that change lives.
    http://www.kiva.org/about
    Quote Quote  
  4. Originally Posted by edDV View Post
    TS is not compatible with a Blu-Ray or "AVCHD" disc although some Blu-Ray players will directly play a TS file.

I find it best to render compatible assets in Vegas before import to DVDA. Blu-Ray discs require MPeg2, h.264 or VC-1 as elementary streams and these will be processed into a multiplexed BDMV structure by DVDA.

Originally Posted by dabezt View Post
    BTW I'm getting crazy this .TS file I'v recorded from a Sattelite provider... The video is MPEG-2 TS 1920x1080 25fps , with 6 channel AC3 audio, all mixed in just one 6 GB .TS file

The MPeg2 TS file needs to be demultiplexed into MPeg2 video and AC3 elementary streams before import into DVDA. DVDA should accept them as valid then will remultiplex into a BDMV structure.

A good alternative to DVDA is MultiAVCHD which can make a PS3 compatible "AVCHD" disc with limited menus. MultiAVCHD handles all the steps from a TS source. The resulting BDMV structure can be burned to DVDR or BD media.
    http://multiavchd.deanbg.com/tutorial.php

Thanks for the anwser! will try Multiavchd again, i don't remember what kind of problems i found with it... regards!
    Quote Quote  
  5. Finnaly I've been able to create the desired blu-ray with dvd architect, but converting first the source video from .TS file to MPEG2 M2TS file ... and then I don't get the Error... Thnx!
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search PM
    Follow-up to dabezt... So did your Blu-ray disc created in DVDA play successfully on the PS3?
    Quote Quote  
  7. Yes, it runs
    Quote Quote  
  8. Member
    Search PM
    If I could only be so luck. Getting DVDA to produce a Blu-ray disc that will play on my PS3......
    Quote Quote