VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    never used to have a problem till i bought a new computer( dell inspirion 530s windows vista premium)
    i have been using clone dvd and any dvd for quite some time, but now almost every dvd that i burn seems to freeze 3/4 thru the movie. cant seem to fix it. anyone have this problem or know a simple fix for it?

also have a problem with my sound, choppy and distorted music and video (maybe 75% of the time) when i open up a internet explorer.firefox or any other browser...could be related?

id appreciate any help.

thanks
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    also, i am using ridata 16x dvd+r have been using the same dvds for quite some some time. never used to have a problem
    Quote Quote  
  3. Ridata (Ritek) media are not the best. First-class media are generally considered to be Verbatim (MCC, Mitsubishi Chemical Corp), and Taiyo-Yuden (available online).

Have you tried burning at 8x or less?
    Pull! Bang! Darn!
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    i believe i have( ive given up trying to burn copy my dvds for a while so im not 100% sure)... im actually gunna try it again now to see what happens
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    it worked once, but i tried another dvd and it didnt it still froze 3/4 thru the movie.

i have been using ridata for yrs at max speed and have never had a problem till i got windows vista dell inspirion 530s
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    The best possible answers to your post have already been given by Fritzi93. It is not that every Ritek is bad, but the problem may be inconsistency in the batches -- some good, some coasters. Also, the burner on your old system may have been more forgiving with Riteks. For this new situation, you should try Verbatim or Taiyo Yuden discs. Fritzi93 also mentioned slowing down burning speed -- that is often a cure. I would also add that burning software can contribute. That is why ImgBurn is so highly favored on this site.
    Quote Quote  
  7. Member
    Search Comp PM
    ill try using a dif DVD brand and see what happens.

although in my original post i stated i was having problems with sound and audio, i was thinking maybe they were all one problem.( when im playing music on itunes, and i open up a browser window ,while the page is loading the music will become choppy.) dell doesn't seem to be any help

if they are 2 separate problems i hope that using a dif brand dvd and lowering the speed with fix it.

thanks for helping.
    Quote Quote  
  8. Originally Posted by sc0rpthir13en
    also have a problem with my sound, choppy and distorted music and video (maybe 75% of the time) when i open up a internet explorer.firefox or any other browser...could be related?
    Well, try some different media, see if that helps. Then tackle the other problem. I dunno squat about Vista, but lots of folks here do. Just speculating now, but if there's a connection, I'd look for a buffer under-run or something similar in the logfile of your burning soft. Do you recall any particular error messages?

Anyway, the best way for you to get useful suggestions is to give as much (relevant!) information as possible. There are quite a few very expert folks in this forum, in various fields. Good luck.

[EDIT] BTW, welcome to videohelp. 8)
    Pull! Bang! Darn!
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    One other option is to not burn a full disc. Leave it at under 4gb or under 8gb if dual layer. You can do this with a program like dvd shrink by moving the capacity slider to under the maximum. The lesser quality discs can have problems on the outer edges. By leaving the disc short of the max capacity you will avoid these areas (the end of the movie in other words).

Give it a try and it might work out for you
    Donatello - The Shredder? Michelangelo - Maybe all that hardware is for making coleslaw?
    Quote Quote