VideoHelp Forum
Closed Thread
Thread
  1. Esteemed Members,
    I was trying to rip a hollywood movie and got the following error immediately after giving the command to Rip. I I am using DVD Decrypter 3.5.4.0

And this image below gives some information about the type of protection given by DVD Decrypter

After I began the Decrypting, it successfully ripped two 0.99 GB files, and then it gave the following error.

And after that I am not able to decrypt. Can anybody help? Thanks in advance!

Search PM
    DVDDecrypter
    Latest version:
    3.5.4.0 (March 21, 2005)

DVDFabDecrypter

3. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    Must....... Resist......... Satan's............ Temptation............

LOL!!!

Search PM
    DVD Decrypter is as old as Noah............... get DVDFab Decrypter

5. I downloaded DVDFab and installed it. I then tried to rip a DVD, it is asking for region code. I chose the default USA. But then when it began I got the following error:

I got the same error even when I chose Region Code - 3

Also if you look at the very first image in my first post, there is a Logical Unit Region code: 5 and a Media Region Code: 3. What is the difference between the two?

Search PM
    Originally Posted by harishkumar09 View Post
    Logical Unit Region code: 5 and a Media Region Code: 3. What is the difference between the two?
    That means your drive is set for region 5, and your disc is region 3.
    But this should mean NOTHING when ripping a disc. What movie is it?
    Factory pressed disc or home-made DVD-R?
    Try installing DVD43 before you rip.
    https://www.videohelp.com/tools/DVD43

7. He also got Check Condition and Read Errors with DVD Decrypter. My guess is that the disc is scratched, something that may not even be visible. For that sort of thing DVDFab is better because it can easily ignore them and plow on through more quickly than can DVD Decrypter (in my experience), but if it really is scratched it'll leave behind a lot of corruption at those places.

8. The movie name is FACE/OFF (Cage,Travolta), and this is from a movie rental service in India, similar to NetFlix in USA. I guess it must be an original DVD. Also, I ignored the message and proceeded to rip. It went off well unit it hit the VTS_01_03.VOB which once gain gave the same error I just posted. That particular file is creating the problem. Even DVD Decrypter got stuck with that file. Seems a big nuisance!

Search PM
    Originally Posted by harishkumar09 View Post
    The movie name is FACE/OFF (Cage,Travolta), and this is from a movie rental service
    Even though you are in India...that is still against the forum rules.

10. No. I Don't rip it and keep it. The problem is my DVD drive is not working properly, I am getting only video and not audio. Also even the video gets stuck every now and then. So only way I can watch it is to rip it to hard disk and watch it. Then I can get the audio. After watching I delete it, obviously I don't have space for such huge collection of files in my hard disk (each movie is atleast 5-7 MB). I delete it later to save space. Once I buy a new DVD drive, actually I am planning to buy a new laptop itself, then I won't need to do this. This is just a temporary fix till I buy myself a new laptop.

Also I need to rip the home videos which I make, in my Sony HandyCam which writes to miniDVDs. I recorded the Aero India air show and even this year I will be doing it. Plus lots of videos when I go trekking. I need to rip all of those and transfer them to bigger DVDs to save space again.

I am not doing anything illegal.

Search Comp PM
    if your drive is not working to the point where you can't watch a movie, i don't expect the drive to be able to rip the disc either...
    I am just a worthless liar,
    I am just an imbecil

12. Mod Neophyte Super Moderator redwudz's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Copying a rented DVD for most any reason is in violation of our rules. Topic locked.

Moderator redwudz