VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I've got a couple of videos I've bought off itunes years ago, and want to be able to play on my new non-apple devices. I've looked up and down google and can't find a damn thing. Sure it's possible? CSS was broken, Blu-Ray was broken (forget the protection scheme there)... So where's the fairplay solution as well?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    There WERE cracks available. The thing is they keep changing the security all the time so it can't be cracked as easily.

I don't know if any still work. It's been awhile since I've looked.

There are a couple of options you have for your PURCHASED material. - Screen capture programs or realtime capture via output to another computer or dvd recorder - or in the same line if you have an apple itv you could play it off that and output and capture to another unit that way (assuming the itv has either analog composite or component outputs - I don't know if they do). I assume if the itv has an hdmi output it is encrypted somehow so trying to capture with a blackmagic intensity card would most likely be a waste of time. However I don't know if the itv hdmi out is encrypted or not.

But thats about it. Other than you'll have to either buy it on dvd or bluray and rip it yourself or look for a digital store that supports your new non apple device - if its android I think amazon will work with it. However i don't have a tablet and my only non dvd portable players are an original sony psp and an ancient (by tech standards) 30gb zune.

Good luck.

edit - did i say itv? I guess its just an apple tv - the settop box apple sells to stream off itunes.
    Donatello - The Shredder? Michelangelo - Maybe all that hardware is for making coleslaw?
    Quote Quote