VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hello,

I just got this new Sony HDR-PJ810 today, I recorded some videos on its internal Flash Memory.

When I connected the USB in Mass Storage mode, it only lets me copy the files (i.e. I can't rename, move or delete files/folders)

The internal memory is nearly full now, so, any help asap would be appreciated.

Many thanks in advance,
    Quote Quote  
  2. That's a nice camera. It also uses external cards: "Memory Stick Micro and Micro SD/SDHC/SDXC compatible™ " Use a external card until your problem is solved. Did you follow the written manual procedure for removing files from the internal memory?

This from your manual: "The maximum number of images that you can delete on the index screen at one time is 100. You cannot delete the protected images. "

I am assuming that the above is referring to the external memory card but it may also apply to the internal memory. Maybe you have somehow protected the internal memory files?
    Last edited by TreeTops; 21st Nov 2014 at 11:30.
    Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence -Carl Sagan
    Quote Quote  
  3. Originally Posted by TreeTops View Post
    That's a nice camera. It also uses external cards: "Memory Stick Micro and Micro SD/SDHC/SDXC compatible™ " Use a external card until your problem is solved. Did you follow the written manual procedure for removing files from the internal memory?

This from your manual: "The maximum number of images that you can delete on the index screen at one time is 100. You cannot delete the protected images. "

I am assuming that the above is referring to the external memory card but it may also apply to the internal memory. Maybe you have somehow protected the internal memory files?
    Yh its is! I love it!!

Its asks me to use Sony PlayMemories Home. The problem is when I connect it through USB, it connects in Read-only mode for some odd reason!

But I am able to delete files in the camera form the index screen.

Thanks,
    Quote Quote  
  4. Copy all the files to your computer and reformat the drive (using the camera's setup menu.) Internal camera memory is not the place for long term storage.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Originally Posted by smrpix View Post
    Copy all the files to your computer and reformat the drive (using the camera's setup menu.) Internal camera memory is not the place for long term storage.
    Thanks for the tip, tried it!

Still same problem! =(
    Quote Quote  
  6. There should be a reset button on that camera that will restore factory defaults. (Again, copy all the files to computer first.)
    Quote Quote  
  7. Originally Posted by smrpix View Post
    There should be a reset button on that camera that will restore factory defaults. (Again, copy all the files to computer first.)
    I just phoned sony & was let down! =(

They go, due to design limitations; you aren't able to delete files from the camera through USB connection!

But, you can delete them using the LCD index screen on the camera!

This is one of the basic features, they should have! c'mon! Even, if it is to protect the data, then, they should have an option to enable/disable!

Thanks for your support @smrpix
    Quote Quote  
  8. You're welcome. (Personally, I think Sony's restriction is wise. )
    Quote Quote  
  9. Member
    Search PM
    Originally Posted by smrpix View Post
    You're welcome. (Personally, I think Sony's restriction is wise. )
    Agreed. The camera's internal programming has to be able to keep track of recorded data. It can't do so if you intervene on your own to buck the system. Doing so could render some internal functions unusable. You'll find that protection feature on just about all digital cameras, not just SONY.
    - My sister Ann's brother
    Quote Quote  
  10. Originally Posted by LMotlow View Post
    Originally Posted by smrpix View Post
    You're welcome. (Personally, I think Sony's restriction is wise. )
    Agreed. The camera's internal programming has to be able to keep track of recorded data. It can't do so if you intervene on your own to buck the system. Doing so could render some internal functions unusable. You'll find that protection feature on just about all digital cameras, not just SONY.
    Ah, thanks, now I understand!

But, I would prefer if Sony could program a little smarter! My canon used to allow me & it was smart enough to fix itself.

Nonetheless, agreed on this opinion though!
    Quote Quote  
Visit our sponsor! Try DVDFab and backup Blu-rays!