VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I have been trying to find an application that will let me extract my favorite scenes from my movies (DVD's) and put them on to one DVD, just like the dts sample discs with that same quality? I downloaded a demo of Cinematize, however it is too limited to really put to a test and I do not understand the final format? a DVD is made up of video_ts file and I am happy with that quality, I use a DLP projector and a 50" HD plasma, I have tried imovie which is time consuming and has poor quality. Toast 9 reports to have this kind of feature, however the information is a little vague? any advice would be most welcome. Thank you for taking the time.
    Kind regards, the turdburglar.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Originally Posted by turdburglar
    I have been trying to find an application that will let me extract my favorite scenes from my movies (DVD's)
    use MPegStreamClip (and the Apple codec MPEG2, not expensive)
    and put them on to one DVD
    to make a dvd, give your resulting mpeg (from MPSC) to a soft that do that (toast or other)
    [...]Cinematize
    no need to transcode to DV, you just trim in MPSC and Menu item "file">"Convert to mpeg…" (no re-encoding )
    I have tried imovie which is time consuming and has poor quality.
    PS: about iMovie quality, the new iMovie7 (from iLife08) give you poor quality. The version iMovieHD = v6 (you can download it for free on Apple site) give you the same quality as FinalCut (I just talked about quality, not about features )

bye
    For DVD, iPad, HD, connected TV, … iMovie & FCPX? MovieConverter-Studio 3 (01/24/2015) - Handle your camcorder's videos? even in 60p or 60i? do a slow-motion? MovieCam.
    Quote Quote