VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Sorry for posting this here but I couldn't find a more suitable forum. Fell free to move it to the correct one.

People I got myself the 3D Video Wizard on sale and really cheap and since it's not perfect it provides a nice 3D technology for the buck. The box is supposed to let you watch 3d content on a 2D TV set. It has it's defects and among them there is the incorrect color of the TV screen. I guess is because of the amber blue lens colors. I have a pair of Cinema 3D passive glasses which have black lenses and while they don't work with the 3D Video Wizard they provide a much more correct color of the TV screen. That's why I'm looking for a better box that brings me a much better correct color of the TV screen. I guess that can be achieved by finding a box that works with passive or active glasses. Does somebody here knows of such 3D converter box.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    No. Re-read your other recent thread on this subject for the reasons why these kits are unlikely to be an acceptable substitute for an actual 3D TV, especially when used with an average 2D TV. https://forum.videohelp.com/threads/357599-What-s-needed-to-watch-3d-Blu-ray-movies?p=2...17#post2255717
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    @Big-Louis-1971, you got screwed.

Every "3D converter box" is, at best, a device that uses horizon-line perspective and motion-prediction combined with the Pulfrich effect to give you FAKE 3D. It will NEVER give you real stereo3d. That requires object segmentation and proper horizontal displacement with in-filling. Those are not things that can be done in real-time, because a content-related, contextual decision needs to be made. Devices would have to be a million times smarter and faster than they are now to be close to doing that in real-time. Heck, even Hollywood titles that spend armies of manpower, $$$$$, and 18months on a conversion don't always get it right!

Not only did you get a fake converter box, but it converts it to bottom-of-the-barrel, lowest-common-denominator anaglyph 3d.

Might be fun if you are stoned, but that's about all it's good for.

You need to learn a little more about 3D before buying the first cheap thing that comes available or you will continue to be swindled.

Scott
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    how would they sell any magic shamwows on tv without gullible people? they'd probably just shout louder i know....
    --
    "a lot of people are better dead" - prisoner KSC2-303
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    BTW, the "3D Now" box mentioned in that previous thread is NOT a 2D->3D converter, it is a HDMI 1.4a-compatible 3Dstream->Old Style (Pre-2007) 30Hz-per-Eye Active Shutterglasses (where the the "converter" box is also the shutter signal transmitter).

What the OP has is a box that generates Amber/Blue Anaglyph (aka "ColorCode"), w/ the Blue being dark enough to ALSO act like a Pulfrich filter. While I am greatly disappointed with an industry that would promote 2D->3D automated "conversion", this device is actually still a good device FOR CERTAIN USES.
    Just like the above device - it does convert existing 3D HDMI 1.4a-compatible format and SbS or T/B (aka TAB or O/U) material into lower forms of 3D (30HzActiveShutter in the former, Y/B Anaglyph in the latter) to enable a 3D experience on legacy 2D devices. Personally, I wish this box allowed one to change to individualized choices of anaglyph pairs (Red/Cyan, Green/Magenta, Yellow/Blue, etc). And for less than $100 (latter), that's not bad.

Scott
    Last edited by Cornucopia; 15th Oct 2013 at 22:17.
    Quote Quote