VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I'm new to this whole thing to bear with me. Whenever I try to open up an MKV file into MKVExtractGUI to extract the file it says program not responding. Am I doing something wrong?
    Quote Quote  
  2. I'm a Super Moderator johns0's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Try mkvcleaver instead,always works for me.
    I think,therefore i am a hamster.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Did you put it in the same folder as mkvtoolnix ?
    Quote Quote  
  4. Originally Posted by johns0 View Post
    Try mkvcleaver instead,always works for me.

Originally Posted by poisondeathray View Post
    Did you put it in the same folder as mkvtoolnix ?
    Yes I did move it to the same folder, but it still didn't work. I ended up using another program that worked for me

Another quick question. How do I use CC extractor for mp4? I just drag my file in? go to "Execution" tab and click on start, right? Because i'm doing that, but my .srt is coming out as 0bytes so pretty much not working.

Maybe it doesn't work with hard subs?
    Last edited by Klamp; 28th Mar 2016 at 02:49.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search PM
    MKVExtractGUI doesn't work for me either. Normally I run MKVToolnix v7.9 but I decided to try v9.01. Unfortunately when trying to extract a subtitle with MKVExtractGUI it just hangs without even managing to show what files the MKV contains. Killing it still leaves MKVinfo stuck running in the background. This was with the portable version if that makes any difference.
    Quote Quote  
  6. MKVExtractGUI hasn't been updated in 10 years. Forget about it. There was a change in MKVtoolnix 9.0.0 that might have broken a number of tools relying on mkvinfo. Already updated and compatible with 9.0.0 and 9.0.1: gMKVExtractGUI.
    Quote Quote