VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. My apologies if this has been answered before...I looked around and couldn't find anything that addressed this.

I'm trying to clip out a small portion from a dvd I've ripped to my computer. The segment is about 1 1/2 minutes long, from the middle to the end of a currently existing cell. I've tried several different methods: cutting half the cell, splitting the cell and then blanking the second half, using the "cut" command for the second half the of cell, and using the "keep" command for the first half of the cell.

However, in each of these circumstances, whatever program I'm using to play the file crashes if I try to return to the dvd menu after the edited point of the film (This happens both on digital files and the burned disk version of the files).

I'm kinda lost onto how to fix this crashing issue. Does anyone know what's causing this/how to repair it so the program doesn't crash?

Thanks in advance!
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Look into Womble MPEG Video Wizard DVD. You can mark In and mark Out, then cut out the unwanted selection. Very accurate. Don't know about the crash issue, but if you want to edit your video. There should be some guides on Womble, Google will help with that. I'm using it as we speak. I use VobBlanker, but have never cut cells, etc. Just blanking and skipping.
    It Started In Texas
    Quote Quote  
  3. Excellent. I'll check into that. Thanks!
    Quote Quote