VideoHelp Forum

Try StreamFab Downloader and download from Netflix, Amazon, Youtube! Or Try DVDFab and copy Blu-rays! or rip iTunes movies!

Try StreamFab Downloader and download streaming video from Youtube, Netflix, Amazon! Download free trial.

+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Is there an easy way to download all YouTube vids in a series? For example, to easily select 10 (or more) vids in a series (a game walkthrough for example) and leave the rest to the downloader to grab the vids in the highest quality available?

Ta!
    Last edited by CompVid; 29th Apr 2012 at 13:39.
    Quote Quote  
  2. One way to do it is jdownloader, which has a youtube parser

You enter a list of youtube URLs, (e.g. copy & paste from a text file list) and it will scan each for every version of the video and list them

You can just CTRL select the versions you want (e.g. 1080p verison) and add them to the queue. It supports multiple concurrent connections per file and multiple downloads, so be careful how you setup the download limits or you will thrash your HDD and max out your connection very quickly

Some benefits: you don't actually have to start downloading the video to parse (some other programs do), so you don't waste any bandwidth

Negative: large footprint (high RAM usage compared to other programs), runs on java
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Thank you kindly, I'll look into that.
    Quote Quote  
  4. dvdvideosoft's "free youtube downloader" will do that and also allow you to name them by sequential number or even upload date. You can also list an entire user's channel and pick and choose what you want. It also will show you possible download formats and let you pick what you prefer that you can then have for all videos or just one. When i use it I have it saved as "leave original youtube format". This way it will not encode it to anything, rather let me pick from which format youtube has the video up in.

http://www.dvdvideosoft.com/products/dvd/Free-YouTube-Download.htm
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Sounds good too - however, just downloaded it and ESET NOD32 flags up a virus warning.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by CompVid View Post
    Sounds good too - however, just downloaded it and ESET NOD32 flags up a virus warning.

I didn't have an issue with it. I have norton 360 running on my computer. I downloaded it from the link that was given:

dvdvideosoft's "free youtube downloader"
    Donatello - The Shredder? Michelangelo - Maybe all that hardware is for making coleslaw?
    Quote Quote  
  7. yeah sounds like he either got it from somewhere else or his anti virus is giving a false positive. Before I found that software I would see a slew of them with a similar title (and 98% of them were spy.maleware crap). It was not until I saw a youtbue video talking about the dvdvideosoft version (about 2 years ago) that I went with and tried that version. I still stick with it because it is the only one that does what it is suppose to do with no issues or other crap.

Compvid, not sure where you got it from, but if you get the program from the link I gave you it is fine. If that is where you got it from your antivirus is giving you a false positive
    Quote Quote  
  8. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Thanks - must be a false positive then as i got it from the page that you linked to.
    Quote Quote