VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I unhooked and plugged back in about 10 timesthe SATA cable actually both plugs that run to the Hard drive. then one last plug up tightly then cover back on. It worked fine for about a day or two. Now its back to the same thing. I have it hooked to hdmi only have one on back of my tv so I turn on my tv but have to have dvd recorder on when playing the tv with hdmi but after a few min my picture on tv freezes but the sound keeps on going then i notice picture is not with what they are talking about (Its froze again) I only can hold power button 5 seconds for it to power off. Well tonight I was recording something off tv with it lasted about 10 min picture froze up had to end that recording. Im to the point if its not going to work do I need to trash this thing just send 250-300 buy a new one or what??? I like the pioneer since I can work its functions well but dont know if this is a dependable brand.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Have you replaced the SATA able?
    Pioneer FAQ http://pioneerfaq.info : Please visit the sponsors
    @Twitter
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    no which one is that there is two cables running to the HD which one is sata cable???? Where can I get new one at?
    Quote Quote  
  4. You should be able to get a SATA cables in any computer store.
    Just bring the old one with you so you get the correct lenght.

The one to the left is the power cable and the one to the right is the SATA cable, if unsure just go to a computer store and take a look!
    Pioneer FAQ http://pioneerfaq.info : Please visit the sponsors
    @Twitter
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    replaced cable played for hrs it didnt freeze then I put the old one back on played about 6 hrs it didnt freeze Im confused i can unhook my sata cable from the HD when playing my tv through recorder or a dvd on it. I can uhook the cable eveything play fine. So if not the HD what could it be. Its something crazy just freezes now and then. Especially when Im try to record something to the HD off tv its gonna freeze so far just watching tv its not froze. The other night it froze like 6 times,and it has the old sata cable on too. Only thing diff it I still have the top of case off HD is un bolted just sitting on top its getting alot of air..lol
    Quote Quote  
  6. I notice this thread has not been updated to reflect recent developments. For the sake of those with similar issues, please note I have helped marionr26 troubleshoot and solve this problem via several off-line messages. The problem was traced to a dent or sag in the recorder cabinet (other heavy items had been placed on it some time earlier, slowly deforming it). When the twisted cover was screwed down, it applied pressure to one of the circuit boards causing a malfunction. Marionr26 was able to verify this was the problem after I suggested the top cover might be bent: upon twisting/straightening the cover and screwing it back on, the problem disappeared!

We didn't figure this out until we exhausted every imaginable possibility, it was sheer luck the idea of a bent cover occurred to me out of desperation. Proving once again, sometimes the source of a problem can be so obvious we never even think of it as a possibility. If anyone has a problem with their Pioneer x50 or x60 recorder shutting down unexpectedly or behaving oddly, the odds still favor the SATA cable as the culprit, but if re-plugging that doesn't help you might want to check if the top cover is sagging or dented from having something heavy sitting on it. Ya never know.
    Quote Quote