VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. hi,

first of all ive always came here for guides etc for years now, always found out what i need to do what ive wanted.

however this ones got me stumped, ive backed up a few of my blu ray movies to bd-r (got a new burner recently) everythings gone great except for the audio.

ive selected to keep the original audio etc but all im getting in the bd-25 output is ac3@448kps. just dont understand why! losing the lossless lol.

anyone had this problem. using windows 7 64bit 4gb ram.

cheers,
    Quote Quote  
  2. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    I did once after a fresh install, I forgot to check the options/setup.

Click image for larger version

Name:	BDR.jpg
Views:	841
Size:	124.8 KB
ID:	12376
    Quote Quote  
  3. hi thanks for the reply

yep, i have it set just as shown! hence why im stumped.

still losing the 5.1 pcm lossless stream though.......done 2 movies from my collection and both just have the ac3 448kbs streams.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    Are you making sure that more than one english audio stream is checked in the Audio Languages To Keep box ?

I seem to recall when i only had one checked, it would automatically blank the others out,

Click image for larger version

Name:	BDR.jpg
Views:	505
Size:	70.5 KB
ID:	12377

Make sure in the main screen the one's you want to keep are not X'd out.
    Quote Quote  
  5. hmmmmmmmmm thats something ill have to try. could well be ive not noticed this.

while i am at it for future reference on custom settings whats the maxiumum number of megs that can be used on custom? with bd-25 only get 95-96% of the disc space used.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by f_glover2012 View Post
    hmmmmmmmmm thats something ill have to try. could well be ive not noticed this.

while i am at it for future reference on custom settings whats the maxiumum number of megs that can be used on custom? with bd-25 only get 95-96% of the disc space used.
    Really? That's your complaint? It does that deliberately as there is some variability in the calculations and they could go slightly over. Also most people buy crappy media and the closer they get to the outer edge, the more likely they are to have problems. But if you want to push the envelope that extra 3% or so is just surely going to make all the difference in the world and make your encodes a million times better. Just reset the value the program has for the final file size and I think it will go up to that. But don't come back here crying if your burns fail or your discs are unplayable towards the end of the disc.
    Quote Quote  
  7. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    How could anyone improve on that reply ?!?!?!
    LOL!!!
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    For what it's worth I leave the "Do Not Reencode AC3" unchecked and I've never had a problem keeping the HD audio. What's Unblock Chapter Skip do?
    Quote Quote  
  9. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    If you leave "Do Not Reencode AC3" "unchecked" then it WILL re-encode
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Program always says not re-encoding audio using original audio steam.
    What does unblock chapter skip do?
    Quote Quote  
  11. Originally Posted by wulf109 View Post
    Program always says not re-encoding audio using original audio steam.
    What does unblock chapter skip do?
    That was added in v.39.01 (Sept 15, 2011). It's so you can jump past trailers at the beginning of a disc.

http://forum.doom9.org/showpost.php?p=1526273&postcount=12909
    Pull! Bang! Darn!
    Quote Quote  
  12. Really? That's your complaint? It does that deliberately as there is some variability in the calculations and they could go slightly over. Also most people buy crappy media and the closer they get to the outer edge, the more likely they are to have problems. But if you want to push the envelope that extra 3% or so is just surely going to make all the difference in the world and make your encodes a million times better. Just reset the value the program has for the final file size and I think it will go up to that. But don't come back here crying if your burns fail or your discs are unplayable towards the end of the disc.
    hahahah ok, well no definately not a complaint more curiosity, probably just thinking of how dvd shrink pretty much uses all of the dvd-5. but yes i can understand what you mean around potential bad burns etc. so nope im not going to lose sleep over the 95-96 of disc space used

anyway got the log so far, got about 3 hrs to go, double checked everything and made sure all english audio streams were selected including lossless. i guess if im right this is only multiplexing one audio stream (i selected 3 english streams)

- [03:06:45] Reencoding: VID_00001, Pass 1 of 1
    - [04:17:46] Video Encode complete
    - [04:17:46] Processing audio tracks
    - Track 4352 (eng): Keeping original audio
    - [04:17:46] Multiplexing M2TS
    - [04:20:25] Processing: VID_00000 (11 of 11)
    - [04:20:25] Extracting A/V streams [VID_00000]
    - [05:23:17] Reencoding video [VID_00000]
    - Source Video: MPEG-4 (AVC), 1920x1080
    - Rate/Length: 23.976fps, 207,648 frames
    - Bitrate: 9,353 Kbs
    - [05:23:18] Reencoding: VID_00000, Pass 1 of 1
    Quote Quote