VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    This is probably going to sound like a really stupid question, but here goes...
    I'm creating DVD music discs on the abovementioned program. I want to put the albums of three separate artitstes on the disc, split into tracklists, each of which I can access and play in shuffle mode.
    Now, I've managed to get to the point where I can burn all the albums and tracks onto the disc, see the menus, naviagte to (for instance) the Arena tracklisting, cursor down and hit Shuffle. What then happens is that the disc shuffles ALL the tracks on the disc, so I get tracks from ALL THREE artistes mixed up. This is not what I want.

I've tried it a few times but always with the same results. It's not the biggest problem in my life: DVD discs are cheap now so I can easily create a single disc for each artiste, but as far as I can see from the helpfiles in MDC9 what I want to do should be possible.

Am I missing something?

Also (and this may be related) when I add a new tracklist, the prog doesn't seem to recognise it as such, just putting it under the albums I have in the first trcklist. I'm going to the main bar (top one, where the name of the project is), and selecting NEW TRACKLIST from the EDIT menu. It then puts the "untitled" t/list next, ie under the last album, and allows me to add albums to it, but when I burn the disc and pop it in my DVD player, and select TRACK LISTS off the menu, it brings up the menu of albums under that tracklist, but also the next item which should be a tracklist but is seen essentially I think as just an album.

You can see the listing shown from the "Track Lists" menu here (these are all albums)

My next post will show what comes up when the NEXT key is pressed.

Any help on this very appreciated. I nearly have it running how I like, but this shuffle thing is bugging me.
    Thx for reading!
    TH

dsc00526.jpg
    "I've learned that life is one crushing defeat after another, until you just wish Flanders was dead!" --- Homer J. Simpson
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    And this is what happens when NEXT is pushed. Arena is not an album, it's what should be the tracklisting for the next artist, Arena, but as you can see shows up as just a choice on the menu, ie thinks it's an album!
    Even though I CAN access then the Arean tracklisting by clicking on the Arena shown, and it takes me to the listing of albums for Arena, what happens when I cursor down to shuffle is that it starts playing all the Kamelot albums (presumably if I left it it would get to the Arena, and then the Ten stuff as well. Again this is not what I want).
    Ideas?

dsc00527.jpg
    "I've learned that life is one crushing defeat after another, until you just wish Flanders was dead!" --- Homer J. Simpson
    Quote Quote  
  3. I encourage you to post your question in the Roxio sponsored user forum at
    http://forums.support.roxio.com/index.php?passed=1

Be sure to select one of the Version 9 forums. I expect someone has probably run into your question and situation and has some ideas to offer.
    Quote Quote