VideoHelp Forum
Closed Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    can someone please help me figure out why my divx files are out of sync? i'm using divx version 6.2.5 and windows media player to play it

Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by qwerty99
    can someone please help me figure out why my divx files are out of sync? i'm using divx version 6.2.5 and windows media player to play it
    We're not mind readers - we need more info:

1) What's the source file(s)? Use GSpot on the source and divx file and post screen shots of the info here.

2) What are you doing to them? Describe in detail.

3) What tool(s) are you using? Describe, in detail, the settings you're using.

4) How is it out of synch - consistently or gradually goes out?
    There is some corner of a foreign field that is forever England: Telstra Stadium, Sydney, 22/11/2003.

Carpe diem.

If you're not living on the edge, you're taking up too much room.

3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Get rid of divx 6.2.5 ... it's crap , and window's media player dosent really cope with it ... if you must play it , use one of the official divx player's to check if audio sync is actually a problem .

It will also play havoc with previously encoded file using previous version's of divx ... and xvid .

4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    ok i was able to get a screenshot of a file that i tried to play using media player. as for what i'm doing with it, i dont know what else i can tell u other than i just open the file with media player and try to play it. the only tools i can think of are divx and media player. it goes out of sync gradually, the audio will come first followed by the the video. i did try to use an older version of divx but the problem still occurred. however it didnt occur when playing with the divx player, just media player. i hope this helps. if there is anything else u need to know please let me know. thanks

Search Comp PM
    ok i was able to get a screenshot of a file that i tried to play using media player.

That shows that you've encoded to Divx using version 5.0 of the codec - not 6.2.5 as you thought / stated.

Either way, the latest Divx player should play it OK. Follow Bjs's advice - media player isn't all that good at playing Divx.

as for what i'm doing with it, i dont know what else i can tell u other than i just open the file with media player and try to play it.
    Explain how you're encoding to a Divx AVI - not just how you're playing it. Describe, in detail, how you're getting from a ripped DVD (VOBs) to a Divx file: what tools, what settings in the tool etc.
    There is some corner of a foreign field that is forever England: Telstra Stadium, Sydney, 22/11/2003.

Carpe diem.

If you're not living on the edge, you're taking up too much room.

Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by daamon
    That shows that you've encoded to Divx using version 5.0 of the codec - not 6.2.5 as you thought / stated.
    Hmm... I vaguely recall someone posting somewhere on the VH forums that DivX 6 still uses the DivX 5 fourcc when encoding. I haven't tried encoding a video using DivX 6 (especially since I haven't installed anything above 5.2.1), so I can't be sure.
    If cameras add ten pounds, why would people want to eat them?

7. Member
    Search Comp PM
    oh no i didn't encode it, i'm just using divx 6.25 to play it. i'm not encoding anything just having trouble playing. i think this problem started after something i updated in windows update cause before that it worked fine

Search Comp PM
    oh no i didn't encode it, i'm just using divx 6.25 to play it. i'm not encoding anything just having trouble playing. i think this problem started after something i updated in windows update cause before that it worked fine
    if you didnt encode it -- it would be warez ..... most likely ...

please see rules , thanks
    "Each problem that I solved became a rule which served afterwards to solve other problems." - Rene Descartes (1596-1650)