VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. My finding nemo was getting really scratched up so i ripped it onto my computer so that i can back up a fresh one. i blanked out the extras using titleset blanker. then i opened it up in dvdshrink and backed it up.......it comes up with the first three folders named VTS_00_01 instead of VIDEO_TS.......i tried burning it using copytodvd but for some reason it burned as data and it wont play on my portable dvd player. i tried loading it in TMPGDVD author to convert it to .iso but for some reason.....TMPGdvd author wont load it......aiya.....im getting frustrated....any ideas?
    Quote Quote  
  2. You're making life difficult for yourself.

If you're stripping out the extras, why not just open the original disc in shrink, select re-author, and copy the movie across to the new project. Then just hit the backup button. Job done.

Quote Quote  
  3. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    Or, if you desperately want to keep the menus, fire up CloneDVD or Nero Recode and remove the extras entirely.

- Gurm
    Quote Quote  
  4. garryheather.....um......dvd shrink wont open the video_ts.ifo file now.....ive returned the files back to original....but it still wont work.....a message appears when i try opening it...it says "dvd shrink encountered am error and cannot continue this operation. invalid nv_pck: nv_vobu_ea. The reason is: unknown."......so......what should i do now.....i cant copy finding nemo anymore becuase its all cracked up and screwed up........so the files that ive copied onto my harddrive is all i have to work with.....it plays fine in powerdvd.......maybe i just need to burn it as an iso. i tried converting it to iso using imgtool......it worked but the resulting file was 16 gigs.....um.......yah....thats what i need help with.......are there any other ways of converting it to iso?
    Quote Quote  
  5. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    You could have just used a disc doctor to resurface the disc, then rip away.
    Quote Quote  
  6. If you've been able to rip the VOB files OK and they play on the PC, then use IFOedit to remake the IFO files.

Leave only the VOB files in a directory, load the first one into IFOedit and select CREATE IFO's. Select to use the same directory, and then go and make yourself a cup of tea as it may take a while.

When it's done, you should have a set of working IFO and BUP files that can then be burnt onto a new disc or put through DVD Shrink and burnt from there.
    Quote Quote  
  7. thanks garryheather....thats what i should have done! the ifos werent loading so yah.......thanks tho......and thanks gurm too......clonedvd didnt work like i said......but then i tried using nero recode.....worked like a charm! very easy to use....and it fixed up all the problems too....so then i used imgtool to convert it to iso and burnt it with dvddecrypter........wow....it works great! youve made a 5 year old very happy! (me)......actually no, im just kidding, thanks tho!
    Quote Quote