VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I have a Samsung HMX-H100 camcorder.
    I'd like a suggestion on SW to quickly take a couple files and create an AVCHD disk for my LG-BD300 bluray player.
    I have a core 2 duo PC (2.6ghz I think).
    Pinnicle 12 did not recognize the .MP4 file.
    THe manual says it records in H.264 (MPEG4 Part10/AVC) or HD Video or SD-Video.
    (not sure how I switch between H.264 and HD video.

I'd like to author the short movies onto AVCHD as quicly as I can.

Also, I noticed the first .mp4 I uploaded to youtube did not come out well, it was pixelated and jumpy like an old DV camcorder tape that was dirty.

I'd like to spend $100 or less and download on line.
    Free is better but willing to spend some $$.

thx
    Quote Quote  
  2. Free - multiavchd for authoring, capable of simple menus

If your streams are not compliant (not all h.264 streams are standards compliant with avchd), you will have to re-encode (multiavchd can do this now, but another option would be avchdcoder (free))
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    MultiAVCHD works well and has a range of pre-set menus and good transcoding options. Cannot correctly calculate bitrates for DVD sizes, but you can use a bitrate calculator and enter the numbers manually.

AVCHDCoder is faster than MultiAVCHD, but has less menu options. Requires Java to run. Have started using this more and more.

TSMuxer is great if your source is already compliant and you don't need menus. Think of it as a fancy re-packager. Great for joining clips or for splitting across two discs.
    Read my blog here.
    Quote Quote