VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hi all, As WD TV does not support WMA3/Pro, I need to change my WMV HD video that have WMA3 audio to WMA2 audio. Is there any app that let me do that? Thanks!
    Quote Quote  
  2. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Probably using Windows Media Encoder. If you don't want want to reconvert the video you can demultiplex the audio using Windows Media Stream Editor that is included in windows media encoder. Then try open the wma in WME and convert. Add back the new wma to the wmv using Windows Media Stream Editor again.

Or try WMVMuxer and see if you can copy the video and reconvert just the audio.

And PLEASE do not cross post your questions! Continue in https://forum.videohelp.com/topic358929-510.html#2006840 .
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hi thanks Baldrick. Seems that WMVMuxer works like a charm. I have not yet try it on WDTV but converting 2.5GB WMV only take about 1min and GSpot said the audio is WMA2.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Sorry I spoke too soon. I have not notice that WMVMuxer complain about:

Could not set audio profile, (hresult = 0x80070003)
    Cause: The system cannot find the path specified.

And I end up with a clip without audio. How to fix this? Thanks in advance for your help.

PS: I contine in this thread since it is audio related more than WD TV related. I also find out that my PS3 too did not support WMA3/Pro.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    man...you have the answer two post above! install WME and use WMSE to demux the audio...rencode the .wma with WME...remux back with WMSE...
    _
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Yes I did that but it take more time. I want to make WMV Muxer to work. Its work-flow looks very simple and only take 1 step. Since I have hundreds of movie the time saving matters.
    Quote Quote  
  7. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Well WMVMuxer doesn't work for me, it just says "event 14" and nothing happens.
    Funny nobody else in the community has had any need for these things.
    I'm slightly dubious about installing a large pack of stuff from microsoft just to for this
    Quote Quote