VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UiezugBMHiU#t=31

All I'm after is the ability to track motion with a line.

Thanks.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Originally Posted by Mordecai0 View Post
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UiezugBMHiU#t=31

Thanks.
    All you're going to need is some fairly sophisticated software like After Effects. Maybe Blender can do it. It looks easy, but you have to not only track the motion, but also paint, build and retain the line.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by smrpix View Post
    Originally Posted by Mordecai0 View Post
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UiezugBMHiU#t=31

Thanks.
    All you're going to need is some fairly sophisticated software like After Effects. Maybe Blender can do it. It looks easy, but you have to not only track the motion, but also paint, build and retain the line.
    Yes, sophisticated software like Aviutl can do it.................
    Image Attached Files
    Got my retirement plans all set. Looks like I only have to work another 5 years after I die........
    Quote Quote  
  4. Actually, I'd say each is faked in a different way.
    Image Attached Files
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    What do you mean by "faked"? I manually motion tracked my example. Aviutl has an automated tracking filter, but I have yet to figure it out, so I did it manualy.

Here is the project file if anyone is interested. You can make the line any size and color:
    Image Attached Files
    Got my retirement plans all set. Looks like I only have to work another 5 years after I die........
    Quote Quote  
  6. Originally Posted by racer-x View Post
    What do you mean by "faked"? I manually motion tracked my example.
    That's exactly what I meant. It looks manual and does not follow the actual contours of the motion. The "original" version shows a ghostly predictive line before the motion ever gets there but, to me, the motion path and acceleration are more convincing.

BTW, although free, I agree Aviutl is very capable -- you know that better than anyone!
    Quote Quote  
  7. It's because the original YT's "slow mo" version is done with duplicates, not real unique frames. I think in aviutl, instead of setting it to "tweening" (it creates "inbetween" motion) you can select one of the other interpolation options so it moves stepwise like that original version if you wanted to . (Or do the same thing with the normal speed, non duplicate version, then duplicate the frames)

The motion blur on this clip on some of the frames (even though some of is probably from YT compression) would make it difficult to automatically track . You'd probably have to correct some points or manual assist

For sports analysis scenarios, you always want to shoot with fast shutter speeds to reduce the motion blur
    Last edited by poisondeathray; 30th Aug 2014 at 22:36.
    Quote Quote  
  8. Originally Posted by racer-x View Post
    What do you mean by "faked"? I manually motion tracked my example. Aviutl has an automated tracking filter, but I have yet to figure it out, so I did it manualy.

Here is the project file if anyone is interested. You can make the line any size and color:
    Thanks for your help. Your videos look exactly like what I want. I downloaded your project and the program to have a look. I've inserted the line (motion track)(custom object) event on my timeline - how exactly do I get it to follow what I want it to follow? Ticking the Motion Tracking MK-1 box shows me some pixels I can follow but I'm struggling to recreate what you've done. A step by step would be nice.

Edit: So you've split the object and just replaced it. For the video I'm trying to track motion this will be a very difficult and long process. Can I track the pixels instead? Also the object is tracking the hands manually but how do i get the line as with your video?
    Last edited by Mordecai0; 31st Aug 2014 at 01:10.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    This one was done on the normal speed section, it's a lot smoother / better I think.
    Image Attached Files
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    @ Mordecai0, I'm not in the mood to make another tutorial. I did cover "mid-points" (aka key-frames) in my advanced editing tutorial. You should check it out. Basically you add new custom object, place it where you want. Right-click to add "Mid-Points" to animate.

Maybe if I have some free time, I'll make a tut and put it in the other thread for Aviutl tips, tricks and support.
    Image Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	LineTrack.jpg
Views:	348
Size:	388.5 KB
ID:	27183  

Quote Quote  
  11. A very simple automated tracking example with AviUtl (see attached video demo)

Major steps:
    1. select the video segment where the feature/object appear inside the video (exclude those get outside the screen)
    2. Check "English EXO"
    3. Select feature points
    4. Deactivate plugin
    5. Click ANALYZE
    6. Close file
    7. Load video into Adv.Editing
    8. Load tracking#.exo
    9. Goto scene, enable alpha channel
    10. switch object type, tune parameters
    Image Attached Files
    Stopping development until someone save me from poverty or get me out of Hong Kong...
    Twitter @MaverickTse
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Thanks MaverickTse for the detailed tut. Yes the Automated Motion Tracking works pretty good.........
    Image Attached Files
    Quote Quote  
Visit our sponsor! Try DVDFab and backup Blu-rays!