VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I have a webpage that I would like people to sign up for. The information inside is basically for business purposes. I want to know if anyone out there can point me in the right direction about how to do this. Its not for profit, its just so that I can designate who can, and can't look at a certain section of the web page I created. Anyway, can anyone help!?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    could you maybe do it in php, like a forum, where the person has to have a user name and password? there's probably an administrative setting where the administrator can set the password...
    - housepig
    ----------------
    Housepig Records
    out now:
    Various Artists "Six Doors"
    Unicorn "Playing With Light"
    Quote Quote  
  3. On my site I password protect using the password file in Apache. It gives you the most protection. but I have the benefit of running my site off of a computer that I have physical access to and I dictate what is loaded on it.
    The other way I did it in the past was I found a Java script on The JavaScript Source That allowed my to pass protect basically using html.

I put the page in to some misc how-to's on my site. You can view it Here.

I did not write this script and I do not take any credit for it, nor do I assume any liability. Use at your own risk! This post is for information purposes only.

Hope this helps. :P
    Quote Quote