VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
    Search Comp PM
    Trying to load some .VOB files in Virtualdub, using

FFmpegsource2("X:\VTS_01_3.VOB", atrack=-1)

I'm getting weird results - a frame rate of 223.964

Obviously I need a different approach. Any suggestions?

Thanks.
    Quote Quote  
  2. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Baldrick View Post
    Thanks. The only thing is it won't play if I have audio enabled - "No decompressor found for this audio stream". These particular files use AC-3 audio.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Baldrick View Post
    Excellent, thanks.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search PM
    VTS_01_3.VOB

Already loading a VOB segment from the middle of a titleset is a mistake as such. Chances are high that it may start with a broken GOP, even a broken picture.

Most AviSynth plugins will assume that you extracted only one movie PGC (with only one video angle). A movie on a DVD Video disc is not "a VOB file", it can be spread across several VOB files. Those are split at GByte borders, often regardless of the positions where a decoder can safely start decoding, possibly right in the middle of a video or audio frame.

Use your DVD ripper in "IFO Mode" or "Movie Mode". Have it extract the wanted part either as elementary stream files (video and audio separately), or as one consecutive VOB file (which may get larger than 4 GB, but that is no problem in an NTFS harddisk partition, in contrast to a DVD with ISO-9660 file system). This cleanly extracted movie should be decodable by FFMS2 or L-SMASH Works or DGMPGDec+NicAudio without problems.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by LigH.de View Post
    VTS_01_3.VOB

Already loading a VOB segment from the middle of a titleset is a mistake as such. Chances are high that it may start with a broken GOP, even a broken picture.

Most AviSynth plugins will assume that you extracted only one movie PGC (with only one video angle). A movie on a DVD Video disc is not "a VOB file", it can be spread across several VOB files. Those are split at GByte borders, often regardless of the positions where a decoder can safely start decoding, possibly right in the middle of a video or audio frame.
    The files were uploaded online to dropbox. I'm going to be deinterlacing, converting to Huffyuv, tweaking and reassembling as new DVD or Blu-Ray content.
    Quote Quote  
  7. Member
    Search PM
    In this case, it may work to clean and cut it a little, to get rid of possibly broken GOPs in the beginning. One could use ProjectX, or even DGIndex (one GOP in, set start marker before "save and demux video"). Afterwards, decoding should be more reliable.
    Quote Quote  
Visit our sponsor! Try DVDFab and backup Blu-rays!