VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hi, I am new in the video world but not in IT.

I would need some guidance on how to achieve something. I am planning a project where a Wifi Camera would need to broadcast the video and audio to a streaming server. That stream will be showed by a particular section on a website, people are going to connect and watch the stream. Probably also will have the possibility to switch between different live feeds of the location.

The camera/s will be on fixed locations, once installed they won't move anymore.

How can I achieve this?

Which type of camera would support the streaming to an URL? How is this technology called nowadays? Recommendations of devices without going to 1000s in cost?

In regards of the server that would receive this stream and let me embed the URL in a secure section of the website (password protected) which services would you recommend?

Please keep in mind this is a project that needs to spend as little as possible in the beginning as it is a test to know if it would be profitable, then if it works more investment could be done.

Thanks in advance for your help with this

Surferride
    Last edited by surferride; 27th Jan 2014 at 01:19.
    Quote Quote