VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I have been using ripbot 264 for years now, never had a problem till now. I have always done my videos in 5.1 @ 320. The last group of videos I have done where all encoded in 2.0

I have gone and deleted all temp files and related to ripbot. Re download ripbot. I went and did 2 test video, and received the same results. I cannot for the life of me figure out what changed. I never changed anything, and made sure with my test videos, that I checked to make the settings where correct.

Any help is appreciated, thank you.

JC
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Ok just to play devils advocate here are you positive this group of videos is actually 5.1?

Also try copy stream and see if that works.

And are you encoding to a mp4 file? I think one version of ripbot I had used would not let me encode to 5.1 in a mp4 file. Switched to mkv and got the 5.1 option. Though that was sometime ago and I don't remember what version of ripbot that was.

As for the batch of videos that are in question use mediainfo to verify each has a 5.1 audio track.
    Donatello - The Shredder? Michelangelo - Maybe all that hardware is for making coleslaw?
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Yes its really in 2.0, I checked.

And yes its MP4, been using the latest release.

I tried the media info and it completely bingified my PC. Even I unchecked the option for it. Had to run ADW cleaner to get it off my pc.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Nobody has this problem? Or a solution?

I have even reformatted my PC and it still only encodes in 2.0
    Quote Quote  
  5. If you post the ripbot log files they will give clues as to what is going on (I hope you didn't delete them)

A common mistake is if a filter like ffdshow is set to stereo mix and directshow is being used for encoding chain
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    ok , so I am bit of a novie when using ripbot, how can I copy the logs?

As for FFDshow, how can I can check if its stereo?

Thaks for the help.
    Quote Quote  
  7. Mod Neophyte Super Moderator redwudz's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    The log should be in the RipBot program folder. It's just a simple text file. You should be able to upload it here as a attachment, or just copy and paste it into your post.
    Quote Quote  
  8. Member
    Search Comp PM
    The folder is empty, but I never touched it.
    Quote Quote  
  9. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Ripbot defaults the job files in the temp forlder in the root directory of the largest free space drive. If you have only one drive then it will be in c:\temp.

The file is called job1.ini. Be sure you check 'KEEP JOBS QUEUE' before you start encoding.
    Quote Quote  
  10. Member
    Search Comp PM
    ahh thats why. Yeah I don't have 'KEEP JOBS QUEUE' checked. Next time I do a movie I will check it and post the reults. Thank you for the help.
    Quote Quote  
  11. Member
    Search PM
    @JMC907:
    I seem to have the problem. Whatever I do, RipBot only encodes 2 channels (using the MP4 container), even though I use a 5.1 audio profile.
    You haven't posted anything anymore, so, did you solve the problem? And even more important: How?
    Thanks and cheers from Germany
    Quote Quote