VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search PM
    hi all, new to forum & im hoping this is in the proper section. looking for a code to unlock my sony rmt d187p dvd player to make it multi-region

i have went through the full ist of Sony players in the hacks section, but not my model number

thank you in advance
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    If you want a hackable DVD player, buy one 10 years ago....and NEVER buy a Sony.
    Sorry....blunt but true.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    Welcome. Generally speaking we don't care so much about where you put posts as long as it's a reasonable attempt to put them in the right place. Yours is fine. One exception is that if you are using a Mac and you have a problem, 95% of the time it needs to go in the Mac forum here even if you think it's not a Mac specific problem. Mac problems almost always require Mac specific solutions, hence why Mac stuff needs to go there.

Anyway, got bad news for you. Sony and Samsung players of all types are currently the most difficult in the world to unlock. If you can't find unlock codes on your own, that means your player doesn't have one. And there's a 99% chance it never will either.

The days of buying some random player in a store and unlocking it at home are long gone now. The ONLY practical solution any more is to buy online from a reseller who has modified the hardware to make the player region free. This does increase your cost to pay for the extra hardware, but it means that the player actually will unlock. Online resellers who modify hardware do modify Sony and Samsung models if you just can't live without them, but Sony in particular is so constantly consumer hostile that I really don't understand why people keep buying their stuff. Seriously, you'd have to go back maybe a decade to get to a time when Sony actually cared about their customers and Sony stuff has long since stopped meaning higher quality than their competitors.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search PM
    thaks for the swift replies. not got mac so i think im safe in this forum lol
    Quote Quote  
  5. b&h photo in new york
    world import in chicago
    both sell hacked players for a few dolllars more than a regular player. both have free shipping. both have websites and stores.
    Quote Quote