VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I would like to know which is the best conversion tool (freeware or payware) to convert a DVD movie to iPod Movie format, which I believe is mp4?

TIA
    Quote Quote  
  2. Mod Neophyte Super Moderator redwudz's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    There are some DVD>Ipod converters here: https://www.videohelp.com/tools/sections/portable-mobile-psp-ipod Most all have trial versions so you can see if they will do what you want before purchasing.

A couple of well known companies have these converters: CloneDVD mobile and DVDFab.

But the freeware ones may work as well.
    Quote Quote  
  3. The best payware programs I have used are by Jesterware. I bought the Jesterware iPod Video Bundle (contains their 'DVD to iPod' and 'iPod Video Converter') over a year ago and the quality is awesome.

The best freeware program I have used is HandBrake. In my opinion the video quality is just as good as Jesterware.

Anthony
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Videora seems to do a pretty good job.
    Read my blog here.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    what are my chances of doing video_ts to iPod
    i foolishly converted a LOT over to VIDEO_TS folders on my pc thinking i would then load them into videoera but it seems to want one solid .vob

any chances? I cant get dvd decryptor to load a video_ts folder. Any suggestions? Or do i have to re-rip them all over again?

New to the whole PC side of this...
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    You can use VOBMerge to create a single VOB, or VOB2MPG to create an mpg file (doesn't re-encode, so no quality loss)
    Read my blog here.
    Quote Quote