VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I'm looking to purchase a media player to replace my PS3 that can handle video formats such as mp4, avi, mkv. I'm looking for something with a hard disk and HDMI output (I'm not interested in the HTPC route). Oh, and a remote control would be preferred.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Cheers,
    T
    Quote Quote  
  2. I'm a Super Moderator johns0's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Do a google search for western digital media player.
    I think,therefore i am a hamster.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Thanks. WD Elements Play has the hard disk, but Amazon don't have any, and the WD Store is out of stock too. Hmm.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Look for the hub model from wd. That either has a harddrive built in or it has the ports to put your own harddrive in, can't remember which.

In either case if you can't get one with the internal bay just remember that any of the wdtv models do hook up to usb drives without a problem.

Edit - here's a link:

http://www.amazon.com/Live-Hub-1TB-Media-Center/dp/B004GK0GKO/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1...v+live+hub+2tb

I believe there are different models of the hub available, not just the one I linked too.

SOrry i don't know if this is discontinued from wdtvs current lineup or not. I just remember reading about this awhile back.
    Donatello - The Shredder? Michelangelo - Maybe all that hardware is for making coleslaw?
    Quote Quote