VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Has anyone used Xilisoft HD conversion util to convert HD-PVR recordings to compatible media center or XBOX360 formats?

Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    yes and it keeps lagging ...
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Why would I waste my money on Xilisoft when Xvid4PSP does a bang-up job from free ? Everything I have converted with it plays brilliantly on the PS3, either from disc, or by streaming.
    Read my blog here.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Well people. No one got back to me in time, so I bought Xilisoft HD Converter for a whopping $40.

Well I'll be damned if it doesn't convert my HD PVR recordings into ANYTHING and fast! Perfect for running Media Center. I am converting the recordings into HD MPEG2 recordings and they play perfectly on my Extenders.

Well worth the money. In fact, converting to to MPEG2 or MPEG2 Transport Stream and then using VideoRedo to remux it to .DVR-MS file is even better. Did I mention it was fast?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Happy for you. Won't be buying anything from Xilisoft, but happy it works for you.
    Read my blog here.
    Quote Quote  
  6. I sense hostility.

Is there something I should know about Xilisoft? Or is it just that its a "pay for" program?

Normally I am all over the free stuff. I've been at this stuff for years. However, I've never come across a format like these H.264 .TS files. They are a bitch to convert with anything else I've tried while maintianing some decent quality. If it wasn't for the lack of support via my MCE extenders I wouldn't need to convert them.

I was transcoding them to my MCE Extenders but the video was jerky. Watchable, but still not the quality you wanted.
    Quote Quote  
  7. I use my 360 primarily as a media extender (it wont ever play games again, long story). I hated Transcode360, as the quality wasn't great so I used to convert everything to WMV or MPEG2 for maximum Media Center compatibilty.

I recently tried Windows 7's media center and was really impressed, it looks like Microsoft have finally done something right! Windows 7 MC now handles XVID, DIVX, and MP4 (converted from MKV using XenonMKV) as well.

No more converting.

Maybe there's a way of converting H.264 .TS files to MP4 without re-encoding?
    Quote Quote