VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Really sorry, I have just had a system installed at home where I put bluerays into a pc in our central rack and it rips (iso) them and makes them available to be watched in our house system, its all great I have a icon of the film cover (control 4 system) in the movies folder, click on it and I then have to select the right file to play the movie full movie.
    What do I need to do so all the little files we are presented with all repackaged into one file so it then gives us special features etc like if we were playing the disc?
    As I said I know you guys are way beyond my troubles and sorry for troubling you but I would like to learn and move things forward.
    Thanks for help in advance
    Sarbs
    Quote Quote  
  2. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Play the iso with a blu-ray player like TMT? Test the trial first.

You can't repack to any other format than iso if you want to keep everything.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Sarbs View Post
    Really sorry, I have just had a system installed at home where I put bluerays into a pc in our central rack and it rips (iso) them and makes them available to be watched in our house system, its all great I have a icon of the film cover (control 4 system) in the movies folder, click on it and I then have to select the right file to play the movie full movie.
    What do I need to do so all the little files we are presented with all repackaged into one file so it then gives us special features etc like if we were playing the disc?
    As I said I know you guys are way beyond my troubles and sorry for troubling you but I would like to learn and move things forward.
    Thanks for help in advance
    Sarbs
    Hi Sarbs,
    It seems you just need to convert BDRemux through and get one / the entire file
    Quote Quote  
  4. Originally Posted by Baldrick View Post

No I don't want to use it on DVD player, I already own the Blu ray disc, I am ripping so its available on the house system from my house server rack, just want the ripped iso bound together so I can choose special features etc.
    Quote Quote  
  5. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    just want the ripped iso bound together so I can choose special features etc.
    Choose with what? A software player? Extract special features??
    Quote Quote  
  6. Originally Posted by Sarbs View Post
    Originally Posted by Baldrick View Post

No I don't want to use it on DVD player, I already own the Blu ray disc, I am ripping so its available on the house system from my house server rack, just want the ripped iso bound together so I can choose special features etc.
    It's gonna be hard to help you when you make incorrect assumptions and reject advice out of hand.

An ISO is just a disc image. If you want everything on the original disc to be accessible, full-disc ISO is what you want.

TMT is a *software* Blu-Ray player that can open and play from ISO image.
    Pull! Bang! Darn!
    Quote Quote  
  7. Member
    Search Comp PM
    He asks for advice on how to Blu-ray of folders/files that are in the ISO image can be packed into a single file (not to be confused with the ISO back to Blu-ray) talking about ISO > Remux > 1 file video.mkv
    Quote Quote  
  8. Originally Posted by fritzi93 View Post

It's gonna be hard to help you when you make incorrect assumptions and reject advice out of hand.

An ISO is just a disc image. If you want everything on the original disc to be accessible, full-disc ISO is what you want.

TMT is a *software* Blu-Ray player that can open and play from ISO image.

fritzi sorry you have taken my reply the wrong way, I wouldn't go onto a forum asking for advice when I clearly haven't got a clue what I am talking about and reject advice that someone had been kind enough to offer and dismiss it out of hand. I was trying to state what my intention is.

I am trying to play my films that I am ripping using any vid on my home system and playing on though dune hd. when we select a film it then lists all the various component files and we have to select the correct file to play a film. I am trying to find out how to repack all those files so when we click on the films icon to select it, we go to the discs menu page where we can then select to watch film or choose special features. I believe that is possible but I am not as clever as most of the people on this forum so am hoping someone can help me. I am most definitely not here to be negative to any helpers.

Thanks to all those who have tried to help thus far.
    Quote Quote  
  9. Originally Posted by Gravitator View Post
    He asks for advice on how to Blu-ray of folders/files that are in the ISO image can be packed into a single file (not to be confused with the ISO back to Blu-ray) talking about ISO > Remux > 1 file video.mkv
    Hey Gravitator, that sounds like what I am trying to do!
    Rip the film to iso, pack it all back together, have 1 file working on my server via dune hd on the control 4 system.
    Quote Quote  
  10. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Gravitator View Post
    Rip the film to ISO pack it all back together, have 1 file working on my server via dune hd on the control 4 system.
    You need to find out what programs are capable of creating BDRemux from the ISO source
    or create a drive emulation / virtual Blu-ray (dvdfab virtual drive?), and through it already do Remux (but keep in mind that will not menu, as a whole just copy)
    Quote Quote  
  11. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Rip the film to iso, pack it all back together, have 1 file working on my server via dune hd on the control 4 system.
    I have aleady replied to that. You can't make any other format than iso if you want keep everything in a single file.

But you can make a mkv for the main movie with for example makemkv. But no menus. And you have to make separate mkvs for the extra material/video.
    Quote Quote  
  12. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Rip the film to ISO pack it all back together, have 1 file working on my server via dune hd on the control 4 system.
    You need to find out what programs are capable of creating BDRemux from the ISO source
    or create a drive emulation / virtual Blu-ray (dvdfab virtual drive?), and through it already do Remux (but keep in mind that will not menu, as a whole just copy)
    Bdremux? Is that a software??
    Quote Quote  
  13. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Bdremux? Is that a software??
    It is not a software, but a way to retrieve the data without loss of quality (concept grabber)
    Quote Quote  
  14. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    I see. Like makemkv. It remuxes the blu-ray titles to mkv.
    Quote Quote  
  15. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Sarbs, Let's try this converter MakeMKV and then say that has turned out
    Quote Quote  
  16. Originally Posted by Baldrick View Post
    You can't make any other format than iso if you want keep everything in a single file.
    Bingo. I have no idea what the OP means by "packing" and "unpacking".

AFAIK, the latest DuneHD players can open ISO images and navigate menus, etc.
    Pull! Bang! Darn!
    Quote Quote  
  17. Sarbs,

I will probably be way off target here but I hope this helps in other ways.

If you are wanting to rip you entire library (present and future) to ISO you will chew through storage like water in a desert. I know I tried doing it that way on my PC with external HD's and using slysofts VirtualClone (from Elaborate Bytes) to mount and treat it as the disc was there. Here are some ideas and possible solutions.

I talk about picking the movies that you want all the goodies and the ones you just like the movies for space.
    If the average BR was only 40gb with all and you could get the movie only for say 5gb (better if you can get it less). On a simple 2TB drive you would only get to do about 50 movies as ISO and about 200 with just movie.

1) if you are just ripping to ISO without and Decrypter, DuneHD may be getting stuck with the protection embedded. You would need something like AnyDVD/HD to rip and remove protection (i think). I say I think because since I watched from my PC AnyDVD/HD was there durring playback also.

2) you may want to look at other options on some discs that you just want the movie and with compression software and tools like Handbrake, Vidcoder, ClownBD, and more you can take a good 40gb Blu Ray and compress down to say 5gb or much less. (yes will take research to find) but the smaller compresses will also work much better if multiple people are trying to watch movies at same time then a couple people trying to do uncompressed BR's.
    Quote Quote  
  18. Thanks for all your help guys. I've been reccommened to download pavetube, just rip the main film for the dune media server, pic and sound quality intact and not as much space used on server. Easy for the kids to use so they just click the icon and the film starts, also quicker as it's not loading all menus. If I want to watch the special features just pop the disc in the blu ray player in the central rack.
    That sounds great. I also considered leawo to rip the whole disc but shall try just the film via pavetube.
    Really appreciate all your help guys, I hope this proves to be the right route for me.
    Sarbs
    Quote Quote  
  19. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    DVDfab is a better ripper than pavetube. It can rip the main movie and also shrink if it you would like that.
    Quote Quote